Ice update

WADMAN

Still on the ice down here in southern end of the state Redman, Codorus, Pinchot. Back west still nearly a foot. Rain melted all snow making drags better. Stream inlets opened up and refroze with single digit to below 0 temps last few nights.

Reactions: Don

Don

Skook county had 14” of ice
Grow up!
Still on the ice down here in southern end of the state Redman, Codorus, Pinchot. Back west still nearly a foot. Rain melted all snow making drags better. Stream inlets opened up and refroze with single digit to below 0 temps last few nights.
how is Redman to fish in summer?

WADMAN

All lakes are BUSY with yakers. Best fishing early and late. BIG lures get big fish. Redman has HUGE stripers in it. 40-50# Know guys tossing 10+ Oz lures. Lot of bass and panfish to be had. Creeks into lake have trout. Occasionally get one in the lake.

Don

All lakes are BUSY with yakers. Best fishing early and late. BIG lures get big fish. Redman has HUGE stripers in it. 40-50# Know guys tossing 10+ Oz lures. Lot of bass and panfish to be had. Creeks into lake have trout. Occasionally get one in the lake.
I travel I83 enough and Redman looks nice. Never saw Codurus, Pinchot can be a slimey mess.

Solitario Lupo

I got two buddies in Berks that say the ice is in rough shape. I drilled thru 14" yesterday here in the northeast.
I’m thinking they crossed a stress crack and in the sun it melted and open up so it started to float. On a sunny day the ice can play some tricks.

Gremcat

Got home tonight, 70 in GA, feels about like 50 on PA, if Ice holds on until Sun I hear it’s dropping again. Seems real early for warm temps but after 6 years here I’m convinced the climate is more volatile than Great Lakes regions.

WADMAN

Still 9-12" back west at Prince Gallitzin State Park as of this morning. Plans fell through for my weekend on the ice and chasing Coyote. Covid has finally hit home. 2 kids brought it home from school and 74 yo mother-in-law got a case from work, her second round 1.5 year apart. No one bad off, just can't risk giving it to mom who is currently fighting cancer.

truecrimson

Still 9-12" back west at Prince Gallitzin State Park as of this morning. Plans fell through for my weekend on the ice and chasing Coyote. Covid has finally hit home. 2 kids brought it home from school and 74 yo mother-in-law got a case from work, her second round 1.5 year apart. No one bad off, just can't risk giving it to mom who is currently fighting cancer.
Praying for you and your family.

Solitario Lupo

Hope all is well. Wishing for a fast recovery.

Don

All across the USA I saw no ice fishermen until I arrived in deuscense utah. It’s really big In Utah.