Ice update

Don

Nice and full. This is when the Pickerel especially the bigger ones are cruising

truecrimson

I didn't have time to get out of the car and fish Saturday. I had an appointment to get to. Every day I have been hoping to fish something has come up; overtime, job #2, etc.

Don

Ice is gone here along the western slope of the Wasatch. Saw 100’s yesterday up In snowbound mountains. Ginormous lakes with little teeny weeny black specks out there…way out there. I bet that the lakers are hungry.

pabassman

Sad day 😢😢😢.Looks like the last day on the ice for the season. FEW was not fishable so I hit Lackawanna. Caught over 60 of fish. Lots of tiny gills. Kept 1 calico and 11 gills. Still 9+" shore was solid heading out but look suspect in several areas coming in.

truecrimson

Memorial was ice free Tuesday. I didn't catch anything, but got in some practice with the Shimano rod and reel. Probably have some bait caster questions when I have time. Temp was in the 40s but Melvin sent it his wind and it nearly blew me away. No birds nest for 2 hours then I got the one that ended the trip.

Reactions: Don

pabassman

Still lots of ice around here. Be at least two weeks before most of places are open. Guys in northern Susquehanna and Wayne counties were still on Tuesday. Shores are getting a little sloppy but once out their on 12 to 14"

Melvinp

Melvinp

Sad day 😢😢😢.Looks like the last day on the ice for the season. FEW was not fishable so I hit Lackawanna. Caught over 60 of fish. Lots of tiny gills. Kept 1 calico and 11 gills. Still 9+" shore was solid heading out but look suspect in several areas coming in.
Quite crying and get the boat ready be gone ice be gone lol

truecrimson

Lord, please bless all those wise and wonderful souls out there in your glorious plastic navy. May they be safe, and catch many fish and big fish this tear. Oh, and those benighted suckers in aluminum and fiberglass and wood too. Amen ;)

truecrimson

PS: Lord, please bless all us wonderful folk who had the good sense to have Irish heritage. Please share some of our luck with those poor folk descended from heathens as well. Amen ;)

HenryDavid

Everywhere I've been around is 100% open water. I did see some major sized ice chunks still lying around in some of the shade covered ravines in a creek I fish.