Ice update

pabassman

Sketchy to say the least. The wind opened a huge body of water the other night.like 50 to 80 yards behind me was open yesterday. I was on 4 + ice but warm tomorrow so afternoon till dark is out for me on Carey.
Should be good by Monday with the artic blast this weekend

HenryDavid

Bring on the cold. Put in a foam floor. Tomorrow will be the big test dark to dark and maybe then some lolView attachment 2420
How's that work in the wind? I remember being on Lake Jean with my Clam flip-over and the strong winds would bounce it like I was on a roller coaster ride, hanging on for dear life, lol. I know the Otter's are heavy, that would be a plus. Good Luck

Nappy

How's that work in the wind? I remember being on Lake Jean with my Clam flip-over and the strong winds would bounce it like I was on a roller coaster ride, hanging on for dear life, lol. I know the Otter's are heavy, that would be a plus. Good Luck
Works really well if ya lock it down with th spreader poles. I always have a few 5 gal buckets to fill with water also for extra wieght. This will be the first time with the foam floor. Might be a love/ hate relationship have to see tomorrow

HenryDavid

Works really well if ya lock it down with th spreader poles. I always have a few 5 gal buckets to fill with water also for extra wieght. This will be the first time with the foam floor. Might be a love/ hate relationship have to see tomorrow
The guys on YouTube are using foam all over the ice inside their huts. It looks like the thicker the better. I have a thick pad to kneel on or put under my feet when sitting.

Blackcat Outdoors

Looks like after this cold spell, it should be good to go almost anywhere. Had -6° at the house this morning. I'm up in NY now and it's -8° currently. Should freeze everything up nicely.

Melvinp

The guys on YouTube are using foam all over the ice inside their huts. It looks like the thicker the better. I have a thick pad to kneel on or put under my feet when sitting.
It works very well definitely better than having your feet on the ice

Don

Crossing the Delaware in Easton last eve there was a guy ice fishing on a sliver of frozen area only about 25’ wide along shore. The rest of the river wasn’t frozen. Water is only 6-8’ there. Are there really fish up under that ice.

Reactions: A-5

WADMAN

Lake we primarily fish through the ice has a maximum depth of 32' at the dam. Have fished there and caught a variety of fish. No great numbers but eventful. Our hottest spot for nearly 40 years running has been a shallow flat that is choked with weeds in summer. Holes run from 1-8 feet. The skinny water always out produces deeper. 40" Northern and Musky with less than 16" of line below tip-ups!

Solitario Lupo

Be careful out there. Already the ice is cracking. A bunch of people had to be rescued today out on lake Erie. Don't cross those cracks if you plan on coming back across. Might end up floating away.

pabassman

Be careful out there. Already the ice is cracking. A bunch of people had to be rescued today out on lake Erie. Don't cross those cracks if you plan on coming back across. Might end up floating away.
I got two buddies in Berks that say the ice is in rough shape. I drilled thru 14" yesterday here in the northeast.