Idiots

WADMAN

No pictures, but i bet i got A-5 beat!

Fishing my local haunt on the Susky tonight. 3 of us. Buddy who got 21.5 smallie last week and a young friend. Same hole same results. First couple casts with crayfish he hits a nice fish. I doubled up on a Gary Yamamoto skirted twin tail grub. Both over 20". Within 30 minutes i had 5 over 20"! A boat was way across river watching. Motored across and 2 guys began casting in same hole. Giggling chuckling laughing and jesting at the 20k$ rig not catching fish that motored into our hole was not taken lightly. Captain drove boat directly into hole and ran full throttle against current. Water is swift as it is directly out of hydro plant. He was stationary blowing up the hole. Yelling and cursing at us for making fun of the VICK into our hole. While this was going on my jig was HAMMERED! WHILE I was fighting fish this imbecile backed his boat up to rock i was standing on and tried to rooster tail me off! 2-3 minutes of back and forth blowing a 30 foot tall wave of water at me! A foot off the rock and it was into swift current 7+ foot deep! Though he never hit me with a drop, I fought and landed a 35" channel cat. Tossed 2 large rocks his way... intentionally missing as he was less than 15 feet away. We stayed catching fish and they eventually came back and did the same again before fleeing across river to the boat launch.
Had to vent to the PA fishing family. Hope to see that red boat out there again! It will not be a friendly reunion!

A-5

It’s 100 percent unbelievable. I’d like to say that the fishing and hunting aspect in your life makes you a better person. What I mean is. Usually buddies fish/hunt giving to the mentality of it’s not all about you. Usually they mentor kids. Usually they prepare and have a mentality of getting up and getting moving. So you would believe they would have respect for others that do the same

NOPe. They are worst. I blame parents

truecrimson

Fishing my local haunt on the Susky tonight. 3 of us. Buddy who got 21.5 smallie last week and a young friend. Same hole same results. First couple casts with crayfish he hits a nice fish. I doubled up on a Gary Yamamoto skirted twin tail grub. Both over 20". Within 30 minutes i had 5 over 20"! A boat was way across river watching. Motored across and 2 guys began casting in same hole. Giggling chuckling laughing and jesting at the 20k$ rig not catching fish that motored into our hole was not taken lightly. Captain drove boat directly into hole and ran full throttle against current. Water is swift as it is directly out of hydro plant. He was stationary blowing up the hole. Yelling and cursing at us for making fun of the VICK into our hole. While this was going on my jig was HAMMERED! WHILE I was fighting fish this imbecile backed his boat up to rock i was standing on and tried to rooster tail me off! 2-3 minutes of back and forth blowing a 30 foot tall wave of water at me! A foot off the rock and it was into swift current 7+ foot deep! Though he never hit me with a drop, I fought and landed a 35" channel cat. Tossed 2 large rocks his way... intentionally missing as he was less than 15 feet away. We stayed catching fish and they eventually came back and did the same again before fleeing across river to the boat launch.
Had to vent to the PA fishing family. Hope to see that red boat out there again! It will not be a friendly reunion!
It is a testament to the character and quality of others in general, and you in particular, that people like that have not been shot yet. The parts of your post I highlighted are a pretty good basis for a self defense claim.

Doesn't remotely beat Wadman, but last time I went out, that must have been the 4th, there were 2 big trucks with big boat trailers parked in the non trailer parking areas up on the hill at Blue Marsh, North Launch. Usually the paddle crowd uses these but the 2 boaters were taking up about 4 or 5 spots each. There were plenty of trailer spaces open down in the main lot. Main lot is paved with no shade but there are trees up on the hill so these jackwagons drove us paddlers out so they could park in the shade. I had to say F it and park in a trailer space.

Then, while I was rigging by a paddle launch, a pontoon pulled up to the paddle launch and spent 30 minutes unloading the family, getting the truck, and moving all the gear from the boat to the truck before going to the regular boat launch to take out. All while me and a family with kids were waiting to put in. I took pics to post but have so much going on I never posted them.

The another pontoon was running up and down the lake at full speed. I really like the North end of the lake because I have not seen boaters going fast up there. There are usually a lot more paddlers than in the southern part of the lake. But then here comes this guy bouncing us all around. fortunately he was only out about an hour. He ran up lake and then back down with at least 15 people of all ages on his pontoon.

Maybe we can designate a particular lake or a section of river for all the assholes so the rest of us can fish and boat peace. ;)

Solitario Lupo

Just came back from fishing myself. Here I pulled. Up to the holes I know since water is low. Saw a truck there went down to look where he was fishing and he was like 200 yards away from the hole I wanted to fish so grab my stuff and went down. Next thing you know I hear him and wife walking up with my back turned to him as I was fishing I hear. Where you from So I answer nicely. Then he states isn’t there any other place to fish on this creek. As I pause and stumble on my words as I don’t give up my spots. He stops me and says the reason I ask is cause you come over the hill and started fishing on top of me. At first it caught me off guard and I said are you serious your 200yards away from me. As I turn and look at his grumpy face and him replying ya. I had lost it as I felt attacked from behind my back. As my potty mouth started cussing him out. I turn and he was running to get back to his car. Wife was already gone at this time. I hope he got what he wanted to hear.
I don’t take kind to those who thinks they own the waters.

Bootfoot

Giggling chuckling laughing and jesting at the 20k$ rig not catching fish that motored into our hole was not taken lightly.
your a little light. Even a cheap thin bottom production river jet boat will set you back 30K To 35K in todays market.

It is a testament to the character and quality of others in general, and you in particular, that people like that have not been shot yet. The parts of your post I highlighted are a pretty good basis for a self defense claim.
Not shooting people is what we are suppose to do as a matter of routine. The claim of self defense can only be raised after one has been arrested for murder which is exactly what would have happened under the circumstances. remember in PA there is no bail for 1st degree murder so you will have been in jail for a year awaiting your day in court to raise your self defense claim only to most likely lose your claim. Best case your still doing a 10 to 30.

No sense ruining your life and the life of an idiot, and an idiot he was, over fishing. Karma will get him in the end. again, it’s tough being the voice of reason but somebody has to do it. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Melvinp

Just came back from fishing myself. Here I pulled. Up to the holes I know since water is low. Saw a truck there went down to look where he was fishing and he was like 200 yards away from the hole I wanted to fish so grab my stuff and went down. Next thing you know I hear him and wife walking up with my back turned to him as I was fishing I hear. Where you from So I answer nicely. Then he states isn’t there any other place to fish on this creek. As I pause and stumble on my words as I don’t give up my spots. He stops me and says the reason I ask is cause you come over the hill and started fishing on top of me. At first it caught me off guard and I said are you serious your 200yards away from me. As I turn and look at his grumpy face and him replying ya. I had lost it as I felt attacked from behind my back. As my potty mouth started cussing him out. I turn and he was running to get back to his car. Wife was already gone at this time. I hope he got what he wanted to hear.
I don’t take kind to those who thinks they own the waters.
Unreal I’m glad I live in the middle of no where

truecrimson

Not shooting people is what we are suppose to do as a matter of routine.
I understand and agree. However using a boat as a weapon to try to knock someone off a rock and into a river is at least attempted assault, if not attempted murder. It's analogous to trying to shove someone into traffic. If you shoot him you can assert self defense to the cops and DA. You might not get arrested and/or you might not get prosecuted. I agree it is better not to take the chance. Calling the cops and filing charges would have been a better option.

Wadman said the guy was unable to accurately hit him with the spray. It doesn't take much to change the story to one where the person is hit and is pushed off the rock into deep moving water and we are reading a news article about a drowning and an arrested boater.

My point, though, was not to make a statement of what I thought Wadman should have done. I think he handled it well, and I applaud him. My intention was to point out what someone is going to do if that guy behaves that way all the time. And I was marveling at the fact that no one has done it yet. People that act like that will run into the wrong person sooner or later. Maybe he is not as brave when both parties are on solid ground.

And cut that voice of reason crap out! This a fishing forum. Hyperbole and exaggeration are a part of the sport ;) ;) ;)

Bootfoot

And cut that voice of reason crap out! This a fishing forum. Hyperbole and exaggeration are a part of the sport ;) ;) ;)
that’s why I don’t take pictures of fish. My stories are better without proof.

every river has at least one idiot. there’s one on the Delaware, a guide of all things, who operates a G3. He Is known by all as a hole jumping A-hole. All He cares about us getting his clients to catch fish and if he has to poach the catching from out from under the feet of others so be it.

Melvinp

that’s why I don’t take pictures of fish. My stories are better without proof.

every river has at least one idiot. there’s one on the Delaware, a guide of all things, who operates a G3. He Is known by all as a hole jumping A-hole. All He cares about us getting his clients to catch fish and if he has to poach the catching from out from under the feet of others so be it.
Sounds like the salmon river