Is anyone doing any fishing

MB3

I hit Shahola today to get more time with the new boat. Shahola was already down, it must be down another 5-6 feet. Stumps every where and v Hull = no good. In between fighting stumps and a hoard of biting flies I managed 4-5 Largemouth the biggest may have been 13". I caught 2 Pickerel and had a few bite offs, also Pickerel just camera shy.

I forgot how much I actually dislike Summer fishing in the heat and direct sunlight. Give me overcast any day. I think I need a night trip soon. Next week I need to start breaking in the gas motor. Anyone have experience with Fairview? It's not far, unlimited HP, small but public boat launch and holds walleye and trout so I read.

I need a fish finder up front ASAP!

Don

I left Gouldsboro for the rest of summer, I think, if I can stay away (love it there). I was thinking "where are the panfish biggies" ? At Gouldsboro I found them along the East side against the steep banks where the water is pretty deep. They have not been in the weeds out in the center like they were a month ago. They're pretty cautious right now. I bet the water was 84-85 degrees.
So I thought that this is the exact opposite of winter where fish want warmer water. These fish need cool water. There isn't any on Gouldsboro. 235Acres and well under 8' most under 6. I remembered Mauch Chunk Lake is is almost 40' in one or two areas with pretty good mixing of the water due to the prevailing wind continuously running the length of the lake. I believe this keeps the summertime oxygen levels healthy even deep deep down on the bottom. It was 82*. So for the first time in my life I went jigging with mealies and Crawlers and caught plenty right on the bottom 35' straight down. It was fun but the fight isn't very exciting vertically. I also caught an smallish LMB and a big Perch.

Last edited:

Don

I hit Shahola today to get more time with the new boat. Shahola was already down, it must be down another 5-6 feet. Stumps every where and v Hull = no good. In between fighting stumps and a hoard of biting flies I managed 4-5 Largemouth the biggest may have been 13". I caught 2 Pickerel and had a few bite offs, also Pickerel just camera shy.

I forgot how much I actually dislike Summer fishing in the heat and direct sunlight. Give me overcast any day. I think I need a night trip soon. Next week I need to start breaking in the gas motor. Anyone have experience with Fairview? It's not far, unlimited HP, small but public boat launch and holds walleye and trout so I read.

I need a fish finder up front ASAP!
Fairview:

MB3

Thanks Don! I've seen the reports and it looks promising. Not far from home, once I get gas and stabilizer in the tank I think that's where I'm headed to break the new motor in.

HenryDavid

I fished the Susquehanna for 3 hours this evening. Caught 3 smallies, nothing of any size, it was very slow and not a good day for wading or boating. Two boats I saw move up and try to drift a channel but were down river before they could rig up, very windy. I did see 2 white flies, no surface action, clarity was about 1 foot.

Don

Thanks Don! I've seen the reports and it looks promising. Not far from home, once I get gas and stabilizer in the tank I think that's where I'm headed to break the new motor in.
Let us know if you like it....
I really like Gouldsboro but there is too much heat/weed stress right now. I believe that the oxygen is depleted as well. I saw no fish back in the stumps. In the 'deep end' I caught no fish out in the weeds as is normally the case. Its tough on me as well.

Solitario Lupo

Went to lake Arthur on Saturday. Mostly for a picnic but got to wet a line finally. Didn’t do to much fishing but got a small bass and a little perch. Water level looks great.

truecrimson

1 fallfish before work on a nymph and indicator kinda bummed but what can you do
lol, the guy with a creek behind work who can fish before work, after work, and on his lunch is bummed because he only caught 1 fish? I'm trying to feel your pain man. I'm really trying ;)

We have to get together again on your water sometime.

Melvinp

lol, the guy with a creek behind work who can fish before work, after work, and on his lunch is bummed because he only caught 1 fish? I'm trying to feel your pain man. I'm really trying ;)

We have to get together again on your water sometime.
Just let me know but can tell ya it hasn't been that good of year.

Gremcat

Weather Is finally cooperating but my back hasn’t been, there’s a 3 mile death March to a spot holding a ton of hungry monsters and I’ve not made it yet. I should’ve been there Sat and Sun at daylight. Probably only chance at breaking the 10 lbs trout club. Just old and wore out I guess. I’m not a late night person these days and a few ran into 1-2am. Probably low conditioning post Covid as well. Haven’t touched the climbing wall in months besides adding a few panels for the kids.

Melvinp

Hit the river down in falls then the lower section of the Tunkhannock z got a smallmouth and a greenie at the river and I blanked then hit the lower Tunkhannock where I caught a smallmouth and a greenie tie score lot of casting very few fish oh well no pics so just a fish tail anyway

Don

Weather Is finally cooperating but my back hasn’t been, there’s a 3 mile death March to a spot holding a ton of hungry monsters and I’ve not made it yet. I should’ve been there Sat and Sun at daylight. Probably only chance at breaking the 10 lbs trout club. Just old and wore out I guess. I’m not a late night person these days and a few ran into 1-2am. Probably low conditioning post Covid as well. Haven’t touched the climbing wall in months besides adding a few panels for the kids.
My son ran the climbing wall at Lafayette college for four years.

Ya know Grem, you can't say how big they are until you catches and Log'em in. Lets get crackin. Take A-5 along.

Reactions: A-5

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I was out Yesterday at Nockamixon again and boy was it unexpectedly windy. My hat begins to fly off of my head when I hit 15 mph in the boat, well, just fishing on the deck, I had to grab my hat on several occasions. Maybe time for a better fitting hat. ;)

Anyways, I only boated 3 bass but I count it as a victory. Learning this new to me lake is going a little slower than I expected but I am pleasantly humbled. I have been taking a crash course of watching YouTube videos on this lake and I am bringing it together by evidence of losing at least 5 other bites, 2 I know were really nice fish but I will shamelessly blame it on the wind, LOL. When I jig fish, I am so use to that little "tick" that tells me he is there and to drop my tip, reel some slack and set the hook but with the wind, I just couldn't feel some of them and they were just "there" so no chance to seat the hook properly.

I am enjoying it thoroughly though. Most spots that I hit yesterday, predictably had fish on them, telling me my homework is paying off. I was going to go back out today but this morning it just didn't "feel" fishy to me. Who knows, maybe my radar is off. LOL. Hoping to get back out there tomorrow.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I hit Nockamixon again this morning. I found a good amount of fish but also found a TON of bait. It reminds me of Raritan Bay in late spring, so much bait you feel like you could walk on it. Needless to say, finding biting bass didn’t go well. I did however catch one worth posting so I feel a little accomplished but I really have to get better at taking pictures. ;)

98C5A8C0-B6E3-4525-82FA-D9D8EFC90D59.jpeg

Gremcat

Yep, passed by MC creek on my way somewhere, water was ice cold so must be spring between lake and where I go. Every pool had 13-15” trout. Even after rains it was so low I could have netted all in one swoop, sad,,, the other spot is hard access but def worth it. I’m whooped, had the new concrete drain tie in go worse than expected. We had to hand dig about 60’ about 5’ deep, flip a radius corner concrete sidewalk section, undermine that, fix the existing drain pitch, then place the massive concrete section back in with 1/4” or less on each side without chipping it. It was awful, cupola comes Friday, trying to get 8 yards of fill and 8 yards of screened compost top soil tomorrow but the guy has been busy, still need to rent a skid steer again, rebuild the railroad tie steps, bunch of other stuff. Trying to get it all done before the 5 day family trip camping and Hershey Park mid/late Aug.

Then fly to GA 2x, Seattle, and 5 places across Canada. Hoping to get back for Archery Opener and tag out early to chase chrome. Monster trout in PA won’t fit I don’t think. Besides, I make the death hike and catch 20-24” or less. Neighbor does it and shows me pics of cartoonish looking fish.