Is anyone doing any fishing

Melvinp

What’s up folks come on I’m in a slump need some fish pictures or at least a good fish tail even one where the big one got away

josey12340

I have not fished in quite a while. I'm mostly a trout fisherman and just too warm. Of course in a couple months will be time to head north for the big trout fishing.

MB3

I just got back. Maiden voyage was a success. Typical Summer day on Tobyhanna. My Dad got 2 Pickerel and I had 2, landed the 1st Bass on the new rig. I have to sift through the GoPro footage for it. The boat fished really good but launching it wasn't easy. Tobyhanna is notorious shallow and if anyone is thinking of going, very weedy.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I “kind of” fished Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday I went to Nockamixon to break in the engine on the boat and threw some casts here and there. Nothing to speak of except a very nice LM that came unbuttoned in my excitement that my first fish on my new boat was going to be a lunker. Womp womp womp. :(

Realizing learning a new lake and a new boat at the same time is a little overwhelming, I reluctantly went to Blue Marsh on Thursday where I thought I knew where the fish can easily be found. I only caught one small LM and that was it! Bass are done shallow, the whipers and crappie are not in their spots.

I guess I should not have been surprised with the boat traffic that has been there the last year, including Thursday. You would have thought it was a Saturday. Some big boats too. Further confirmation that I hate that lake and what Covid has turned it into.

The boat however is so nice! Not trying to brag, it’s just that coming from a Deep V and having evolved into a bass nut and now moving to a bass style boat, really makes me appreciate having the correct tool for the job.

Can’t wait to get back out. Hopefully this coming week.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I am just not catching anything
What are you using? I realized being out the other day that it's time to downsize for the season. Ned Rigs offshore should get you bit. Small jigs, itsy bitsy style size with small rage trailers. I like the bug version of the Rage as you can switch it up and turn it 90 degrees and make it look like a small bluegill.

Melvinp

Well today 1 smallmouth creek in Wyoming county 6 large mouth biggest being 14 on poppers in my folks small farm pond yesterday small bass and small Gill 1 nice callico same farm pond white spinner bait and Beetle spin

A-5

Lol. Ned rig doesn’t really work in weeds. Bass are in the weeds. So non weighted senko/worm. Or lure to buzz the top of the weeds. Or find the weed edge and throw the deadly nedly.

oz is 12,000 and salmon river is 1,000 cfs in July we are primed and ready to dump the boat 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Lol. Ned rig doesn’t really work in weeds. Bass are in the weeds. So non weighted senko/worm. Or lure to buzz the top of the weeds. Or find the weed edge and throw the deadly nedly.

oz is 12,000 and salmon river is 1,000 cfs in July we are primed and ready to dump the boat 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

I want pics! I’m not saying you’re crazy dropping that boat in SR but that does not look easy to navigate.

Look up Tiny Child Rig, basically a weedless ned rig or neko rig. That one has been working well at the local reservoir but I do really think it’s time to get out of the weeds and fish deep.

pabassman

I want pics! I’m not saying you’re crazy dropping that boat in SR but that does not look easy to navigate.

Look up Tiny Child Rig, basically a weedless ned rig or neko rig. That one has been working well at the local reservoir but I do really think it’s time to get out of the weeds and fish deep.
HEY!!!! ssshhh LOL

pabassman

We fished the last two Fridays nights. Bass tourneys. This past Friday third, the week before first and lunker. 5 for 16.7#. Lunker a 4,27 smallie. The bite has been good every night for the past ten days. Full moon was Friday there may have been a crayfish spawn. Livewell was loaded with claws and shells. The fish were shallow. Most in less than 3 feet.

Gremcat

Got out for a few short walks. A few browns, river spawn ‘bows, smallies, and a hungry little pickerel in various cold water tribs. A death march this weekend was postponed. I keep loading my cooler with fatheads/shiners only to find out the weatherman lied and “high of 68 with showers” becomes 84 by 9 am and no rain,,, the one cooler week we had all the yard work going on. I just refilled my bait cooler because weather says upper 80’s and I’m an optimist. If he’s always wrong it might go to 60 and rain,,,,, or 100,,,

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Well if you want deep go to haycock launch and hang a right.

Mondays are my get work done days and it helps me figure out how the rest of the week will go. Wednesday or Thursday or maybe both?? will be my target days to explore Nox a little harder this week. I’ll check out by Haycock area then. I’m not thinking “deep deep” though. Just finding drop offs on bass highways if you will where they can get to cooler water and shallow food quickly.

Don

I anchored out from the Haycock Ramp in 25+/-' and the anchor rode was warm all the way downs the thermal line is below that yet elsewhere. This was last week.