It’s mushroom season again

truecrimson

Found some Chicken of the Woods a couple years ago while camping along the Susky. They went well with a fresh caught channel cat.
God I hope that catfish was caught north of Harrisburg.............:sick:

Of course the ones around 3 mile island are sterile and safe to eat, as long as you don't have a Geiger counter ;)

HenryDavid

God I hope that catfish was caught north of Harrisburg.............:sick:

Of course the ones around 3 mile island are sterile and safe to eat, as long as you don't have a Geiger counter ;)
100 miles north of Harrisburg, undeveloped area, way up the North Branch, very clean area.

Gremcat

Bought a large colored hard cover to start around my place. Neighbor gave me some and I was surprised how good they are. Before I pulled a stump with a mini neighbors would stop and pick it clean. Said it had 2-3 good varieties but I don’t know what kind. I left two newer stumps now but nothing yet. Bummer,

truecrimson

I've always wanted to learn mushrooms. I can't stand them if I know they are there, but if my wife slips them into a pizza or burger mix and doesn't tell me they usually slip by. Especially small pieces. It's a texture thing for me. But I've still always found it fascinating.

This place in York offers foraging and primitive skills classes. I am sure they would include fungus, but I don't know how much. I have never been able to make the schedule work.

I have not found anyone else offering similar classes and I certainly don't want to kill my wife. At least not all the time ;)