It looks like it will be a washout this weekend

Don

Family camping may be a challenge this weekend with all the little whippersnappers running around in the rain getting everyone and everything schmooky. Slimeyness and chills are bound to give some kids the HeeBeeGeeBees or the willies while others may even get the Spots-and-glups. We're gonna make the best of it anyway.
My question is for neatness and ease of function and with all these kids, would this be a better time to bite the bullet and switch to Live Bait (worms, minnows, mealies) for catching panfish?

Gremcat

Yep, we are heading camping with the three tiny terrors too. I couldn’t buy a drop a rain for 2 weeks now it’s coming

Reactions: Don

Don

Hey HenryDavid thanks that will have to come on another visit. We torqued on outa there today at lunchtime as we couldn't stay warm and dry. Made it through the night. Shivered around the silly metal fire rings they have where all the heat goes straight up. We had some fun but it was too chilly and rainy to even think about launching the boat. Most of the live bait will keep for a while and on Monday we'll go again for the day. This the first time I've been chased out by weather. since I was sick this past winter My thermostat has been busticated. The Grandchildren seem fine but it was my children and I that suffered the most. 41* this morning and the wind at 15-20. Its an hour and a half home.

MB3

I have a 4 day weekend and so far not a lick of fishing. I don't know who I am anymore? Too cruddy to fish too cruddy to get wood to finish the shed table and loft. Maybe I needed a few days of nothing? Terrible weather and timing.

Melvinp

I have a 4 day weekend and so far not a lick of fishing. I don't know who I am anymore? Too cruddy to fish too cruddy to get wood to finish the shed table and loft. Maybe I needed a few days of nothing? Terrible weather and timing.
It’s a good weekend to tie woolly huggers or just hug you woolly lol

Don

Now I’m tying for natives in Idaho next month. Pink Nymph, ants, green drake , elk caddies and more. Doesn’t mean I’m gonna catch any but I’ll look prepared to my west coast grandchildren. That’s sumptin.

Reactions: A-5

MB3

Still have to finish the top on my new work bench. It's 4' x 12' so I'll finally have a real work space. Then I can finally dig out my fly tying stuff and start learning again.

A-5

Now I’m tying for natives in Idaho next month. Pink Nymph, ants, green drake , elk caddies and more. Doesn’t mean I’m gonna catch any but I’ll look prepared to my west coast grandchildren. That’s sumptin.
Don that’s a whole lotta accusations in that post. Natives? Explain natives? This would a completely different thread on verbiage!

Don

Yes indeed. It was a nice read. However I’m specifically after cutthroat and whitefish. Still looking for table fair. Would also like to help them out by relieving them of some Brookies. I started by looking for panfish lakes but they’re too far from our camps.

Reactions: A-5