Jig heads

Don

Go to ebay 100 pack for around 15 bucks just gotta watch hook sizes and thickness.
You miss the point Sol. If I get one of those internet deals that you mention then I won't be able to brag about having paid a buck a piece. I wouldn't have been able to see how nice there skirted jigs are finished and packaged. When at the "well" with the society types that I rub shoulders with I wouldn't be able to brag that I use Dobyns Jig's. So you missed the whole point.

Melvinp

You miss the point Sol. If I get one of those internet deals that you mention then I won't be able to brag about having paid a buck a piece. I wouldn't have been able to see how nice there skirted jigs are finished and packaged. When at the "well" with the society types that I rub shoulders with I wouldn't be able to brag that I use Dobyns Jig's. So you missed the whole point.
Lol looking for sponsors already don

Reactions: Don

Don

Not sponsors as you have to advertise them.....more like silent partners, mostly dark money men. How much you got?

Last edited:

Don

Troutspinner had offered me time on his boat to hopefully teach me a thing or two about heavy football jigs. That is a way off and will be a blast. For myself however I’m looking to use lighter dressed jigs to swim baited through weed. When researching swim jigs it is mindblowing and tough to decide which is best. I want to stick with 1/4 and 3/8 oz. I do some skipping to bushes in June but fish weedbeds all year. What is your favorite shape jighead?
Here are some choices from kirteck and Strike King. Do any strike your fancy? Remember that for me it’s panfish and Pickerel and Hybrids smallies and LMB. That is my order of pursuit with LMB being the easier ByCatch.

Attachments

• 81959FAA-752E-4A5D-90BB-3808095DBEA2.jpeg
    81959FAA-752E-4A5D-90BB-3808095DBEA2.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 2B639AA9-0505-474A-8278-3F4ACE32A12F.jpeg
    2B639AA9-0505-474A-8278-3F4ACE32A12F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 67973FA0-ED00-4141-B958-921682CE88CD.jpeg
    67973FA0-ED00-4141-B958-921682CE88CD.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: A-5

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Other than Football jig heads that I use to fish deep or rocks, I am not partial to shape and prefer Itsy Bitsy Jig Heads. I am however guilty for buying Structure Jigs (your first image) but I tend to lose them quick. I question the term strcuture.....does that mean you will lose them quick while fishing structure? That seems to be my experience. LOL

Back to Itsy Bitsy, they are reasonably priced and can be purchased anywhere and come in many different weights and colors. I am not a fan of their heavier offerings as the lead is poured over the shank of the hook and it makes plastics tough to rig but for your intended weight use, they would work well.

Don

Losing isn’t so bad it you can buy right, right? Right!
images

I was thinkin compact, 1/4-3/8 and more pointed. Above is the ittybitty jobber.