Kietec’ suck

Don

Is there a polite and loving way to say “A pox and a hex on all of you”? Can’t believe I just spen that much on plastic and hooks. Before I joined you all on this site I spent almost nothing. I caught almost nothing. I didn’t know any better and had a clear conscience. Now…now stand back. Learning more than I can absorb and way more than I have time to practice. Darn.

Don

Which way below?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    685.5 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14

Don

Okay but when I fish pads I'll hide the hook. Remember that the hook as shown is actually free but is in a groove hiding.

HenryDavid

Which way below?
As mentioned the 2nd pic is a more streamlined rig, Texas rig style and they used to call it. However that 1st rig would look killer sitting on the bottom wriggling around, similar to a Ned rig.

Don

Ned who?
Funny you should say that. I've been using the 3" baits for ned rigs on WGH making them a little more weedless. Caught some bass. I guess a true Ned has a weighted head but would be a weed night mare where I fish. I couldn't find the weedless jighwads that Troutspinner showed So I found the Wide Gap jobber. 1/4 oz seems good for now.

MB3

Keitechs are great but like you said they rip way easy. We keep a rotating stock of various plastics and scoop up everything we find cheap at yard sales. On a good day we are tossing a handful of spent plastics BUT if so we had a great day. I'll take that trade off.

Try Mister Twister fat grubs hooked with those swimbait hooks. Gets through slop and weeds easy. I probably throw grubs 3 to 1 over paddle tails. Just a simple presentation everything will take a swipe at, just change sizes.

Don

Cheap isn't everything as some of these have certain flavors and fragrances that make them stand out above the rest. Do you give any credence to that?
I don't throw nearly as many away as you state. I guess I've dealt with my inner anger and am more gracious with the help, lol. But tell me, isn't that a beautiful place? Next time you go paddle straight across from the second launch and fish those little islands. Some of the little islands are hollow or U-shaped and the bass were in there having a frenzied feeding time.
Sure is pretty there.
Have you tried Leeches, live or plastic, for any species?