Kietec’ suck

Don

Okay. I remember talking briefly about it on the old site. Kind of like the idea.

Don

For $20 no need to pour
Hate to seem dumb but…..How do you keep you baits on them. There’s no keepers and no weedless bristles. I fish weeds. Are there other types. Tomorrow. No hurry.

Last edited:

Melvinp

Hate to seem dumb but…..How do you keep you baits on them. There’s no keepers and no weedless bristles. I fish weeds. Are there other types. Tomorrow. No hurry.
That’s the mold I was looking for and it’s been sold out have lots of hooks and lead but still no mold

Don

A-5 Which type? the type you showed or the type I inquired about. And is it necessary to paint of can they stay bare.

pabassman

Dental floss or braid. Wrap the shank of the hook from the head to about half way down. a drop of superglue when you thread the bait on.

Don

PA that is a cheap fix. Thanks. I think I'm seeing the opportunity to pre-assemble these at my desk.

pabassman

PA that is a cheap fix. Thanks. I think I'm seeing the opportunity to pre-assemble these at my desk.
One or two wraps is plenty. Dont make it thick. At least not on the small baits. The collar/barb is what actually damages the small baits. They are delicate and tear up the bait faster. Not really an issue on the larger baits.

Don

Okay. When Melvin pours my 1/32-1/8 jigheads I'll have him put a plug in the area of the collar.

A-5

Well. I don’t have a huge issue with the ones I showed. I don’t use them in grass. But what I do is peg them with a tooth pick.

Don

I don't think that in the tea stained waters I fish that color matters to the fish below 5-10' .