Knock offs

Melvinp

Here’s the whole selection I hope I can get these things to do what I want at least the person coming up with the colors has a imagination

Attachments

• 279B6A05-BCE9-49C0-BE0E-77174B9CC723.jpeg
    279B6A05-BCE9-49C0-BE0E-77174B9CC723.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7

WADMAN

Got those same lures. They DO in fact catch fish. Well, on the Susky at least... walleye and smallies. Though I have caught fish with a rock tied to my line on the same places!

Melvinp

I've had no luck with rocks. Dang-it-all.
Go north to the salmon you will land several lol kinda I’ve landed at least 3 lol yeah I said it I landed three rocks and thought 2 where fish for a few seconds lol

Melvinp

Well first report I’ve fished 3 of the knock offs so far they have tracked ok and have a decent action but I have not caught anything on them yet I think they’re a little to shiny

HenryDavid

Well first report I’ve fished 3 of the knock offs so far they have tracked ok and have a decent action but I have not caught anything on them yet I think they’re a little to shiny
I had the same problem. Too bad we can't try them out before buying. I bought some knock-offs that barely wobbled at all. I have most faith in the Rapalas which is probably why they work for me.

Melvinp

I had the same problem. Too bad we can't try them out before buying. I bought some knock-offs that barely wobbled at all. I have most faith in the Rapalas which is probably why they work for me.
I have 2 rapala jointed lures that don’t track good right now both the same color hope it’s only a bad batch but that’s more then 14 dollars worth of junk

HenryDavid

I have 2 rapala jointed lures that don’t track good right now both the same color hope it’s only a bad batch but that’s more then 14 dollars worth of junk
I was never a fan of the jointed models. Shad Raps, and what became the X-Raps were my go to, caught all sizes of fish on them, walleyes, bass, musky.

truecrimson

I like the original floating, but the jointed almost always seem to draw in fish. Often they won't hit a jointed lure, but they will follow it in and hang around. Then you can then get them to bite something else.

The jointed will appear to track funny if your line and rod are at certain angles to the lure. I can't really explain it, but the wobble will look like it's pulling the lure off course. Watch it a bunch at different angles before you write it off.

HenryDavid

I tried another jointed rapala today same size as but a different color with no problems now to figure out why
Unless I'm mistaken they used to be adjustable, fine tuning them by the screws, probably only on the ancient models.

Melvinp

Been trying the knockoffs a little and not terrible but not great they just don’t have a lot of movement I’ve taken the split ring off a few and tied them with loop knots witch does help.I have had bites but no fish landed so far.I think the colors are a little extreme also.