Line size

A-5

Mine just comes to the door. Or I pick it up in store. I’m about to get rid of my cabelas flash sale when they sold to basspro. I’ll be putting on trilene green or brown. Big game.

Reactions: Don

Gremcat

I always thought the X’s on fly leader where the reduction from the butt end to the tip. For easy math by a Simpleton 5x would be 10 lbs down to 2 lbs. If it’s just weight, IE 5x = 5lbs no taper why not just use a good flouro leader? The fly leader I’ve bought then only used once are pre-cut and rolled in baggies. Sounds like a lot of work and cost for 20’ or less leader.

truecrimson

Right now I am running only mono, Crappie Maxx 6LB on a couple of reels for littler stuff and Suffix Siege 14lb on a couple of others for bigger stuff. I got these last year and they were basically all that was available in what I wanted (6lb and 14 lb) where and when I bought them. The rest of the rods are in the storage unit with old line from the old days on them.

I don't have time or energy to over complicate things right now. I messed around with leaders and tippet before and found it to be more trouble than I want to deal with currently.

I am really liking the Crappie Maxx a lot. It seems to be above it's rated strength, has not been developing twist, casts a country mile. My only complaint is that the diameter might be a bit small for my eyes and fingers at this point in life. I have no complaints at all about the Suffix.

As far as A-5, he won't like it. He hates everything ;)
Except flossing in NY ;)