Little more trolling tackle

Melvinp

Practicing some basics

Attachments

• 8A942BA2-F267-40F4-87C6-31AA079B96C4.jpeg
    8A942BA2-F267-40F4-87C6-31AA079B96C4.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11

Don

Do you plan to troll on the bottom or in a suspended depth? Or do you let a fish finder tell you how deep.

Furthermore, when in very murky water is it worth it to troll without scent. I can't believe the fish actually see your offering. The other day I caught a channel cat in twelve feet of water. He was on or near the bottom and the visibility was less than 12". The beetle spin had a worm tipped on it...just a 1-2" piece. I'm thinking that the sound of the spinner and the smell of the worm closed the deal. What say thee?

Solitario Lupo

Do you plan to troll on the bottom or in a suspended depth? Or do you let a fish finder tell you how deep.

Furthermore, when in very murky water is it worth it to troll without scent. I can't believe the fish actually see your offering. The other day I caught a channel cat in twelve feet of water. He was on or near the bottom and the visibility was less than 12". The beetle spin had a worm tipped on it...just a 1-2" piece. I'm thinking that the sound of the spinner and the smell of the worm closed the deal. What say thee?
Catfish love muddy and murky waters. Best time to fish for them. Scent helps for them but not needed. As for trolling for others I think color would be better to go by.

Solitario Lupo

I was thinking that’s what your going for a worm harness. Add some beads and a blade on it. Also could make a good quick rig with a nice big chub on it.