Little more trolling tackle

truecrimson

That's the downside of being right on the creek. Your only used to moving water ;)

I've trolled in the kayak at Sweet Arrow, Memorial, and Lakeside Quarry.

Melvinp

That's the downside of being right on the creek. Your only used to moving water ;)

I've trolled in the kayak at Sweet Arrow, Memorial, and Lakeside Quarry.
I have a tough time trolling from the yak I have two sets of rod holders one set in the front that I use most of the time and I have the 2 tube holders behind me there just to far back for me to reach. I’ve tried paddling backwards which does work but keeping on course is a little tough lol

truecrimson

Yeah, I usually use Scotty rod holders pointing out to the side in the gear tracks in front of me for trolling. Both the Ride and the Yellowfin have tracks. Rear rod holders are just for storage and tangling up when you cast ;)

Can you turn one of the ones in front of you off to one side?

Melvinp

Yeah, I usually use Scotty rod holders pointing out to the side in the gear tracks in front of me for trolling. Both the Ride and the Yellowfin have tracks. Rear rod holders are just for storage and tangling up when you cast ;)

Can you turn one of the ones in front of you off to one side?
Yeah but my rod holders are in the center of my yak not on the edges so the rods seem to always be in the way of the paddle.

truecrimson

Angle them more forward and up more. I have to be careful with mine or they will be in the way of the paddle. Scotty's are pretty adjustable. If we are ever together again with the yaks I'll have to play with it to see what we can figure out. Or get some rails to put on the sides.

Melvinp

Also a longer rod will help. I use the 6'6 and 7' rods for trolling because they get out more even if angled up and forward.
That’s why I got a big boat lol you know where I float for the most part pretty hard to troll the creek I drift at that point which I’ve got some pretty nice fish but I’ve also got some pretty bad snags witch have cost me some lures and a lot of line pretty hard getting the yak stopped in the current