Mentored Youth Here We Come

Gremcat

Spent a few days scouting and fished year round spots by house, hit my favorite tribs but didn’t see anything real exciting. Taking 9 yo and 6 yo out probably Lizard creek on the county line then Lehigh somewhere. Back at noon then littlest will go to Mauch Chunk I guess. Saw Trout up to 14” in there. Oldest is getting to the age he gets bored so we are making it an adventure to find palomino/Goldens since kids haven’t caught any. Would run to Mahatango but with two trips it’s a bit far. Good luck every one going out.

Gremcat

Kids ate way too much junk food, all 3 fell in water and mud repeatedly even though I took them in two waves lol. All 3 had chances at fish. Daughter decided not to reel one in after we had a real fat Bow die on the line. She’s turning 7 going on 20 I think lol she’s developed sensitivity to killing fish or anything really. My son went through it last year. We did find a huge palomino/Golden but my Bro thought it was too big to be a fish so spooked it with a log to verify SMH LoL.....

Gremcat

I was thinking the ‘Bow my Bro hooked the kids didn’t get over in time to land was real thick and might scare 19-20”. I’m usually close on river/creek trout, within a 1/2”. The real heavy ones sometimes throw me a little. He immediately commented it was real heavy for 16”. He waited for the kids a bit too long and it wasn’t even an attempted recovery. Ended up being his biggest somewhere around 20”, no pic unfortunately but broiled up to be one of the tastiest trout I’ve ever had.