Morris PA

Don M

I have some friends that have a hunting camp, in Tioga county. All I know is that its near Morris rod & gun club, and pine creek. One of the guy's (owner of the camper), will not make this coming trout opener. Looks like I'll be making a couple trip up that way. Anyone have any information I might want to know about the area?

A-5

Ok so get off at liberty. Morris has the pine creek. Go to the pa stocking website and the possibilities abound. Trout run. Stones throw to wellsboro. Amazing are.

Blackcat Outdoors

As A-5 said, great trout fishing area. They stock a few different places from there down to Blackwell. Check the fall stocking map. If you want to drive a little further south, Blackwell to Slate Run is one of my favorite sections and has some large stockers, it's in the trophy trout water program. Bring the fly gear if you're into it (sone areas are artificial lure only).

If you're wading, watch for sharp drop offs. I've kyacked the area too. That's a great way to fish it, but be careful in cold weather. There's a few low class rapids up that way.

I'll try and look and see if I have any spots I can mark on the map. Your just above my usual stomping grounds.

Side note: check out the views from the top of the gorge if you've never been. It's a quick drive out route 6 and worth a short trip.

Don M

Yeah I'll be staying at there camp. I did find this. So much help here I'm trying to save stuff on my computer, but I'm not real good at arranging it 1640615403148.gif.

Attachments

• tioga-county-fishing-map.pdf
    226 KB · Views: 6

Blackcat Outdoors

Screenshot_20211227-091933.png
They Normally stock pretty heavy here at this access in the fall and spring. Anywhere south of here should be decent, but really good if it's closer to a stock date.

Screenshot_20211227-092216.png
This is one of my favorite stretches of water. It's in the "trophy trout waters" program and there's some really nice trout all through here. Be ready to wade or kyack it for the best results though. I've seen 25"+ brownies caught in this section, but my pb is around 21-22 here.

Screenshot_20211227-092239.png
This is where "Trout Run" is that A-5 mentioned. It's excellent fishing and even has some huge natives in it. Might be tough to get to especially if there's any snow flying. There's no main roads to get to it. Best way is to wade or boat across the main creek. Otherwise it's a decent drive mostly on fire roads to get in to it.

Manor hotel in Slate Run is a great place to grab a burger and a beer in the area also if you need sustinance in your travels. 😁

Blackcat Outdoors

Yeah I'll be staying at there camp. I did find this. So much help here I'm trying to save stuff on my computer, but I'm not real good at arranging it View attachment 2288.
Yeah, I'm taking you south of Morris for most of my spots. North on Pine Creek is also good, but has way less road access. That's best done by kyacking or canoe. I'll try and see, but I don't remember too many areas to get too without a boat. You can also hike up the rail trail along the creek, if you're into that. I can probably give a few spots accessable from that. Babb's Creek might be good in the fall also, but I don't have much experience with it. Just never really fished it much.

Don M

I'll be looking for pretty much easy access, the wheels don' turn like they use too.

A-5

If you want to just throw power bait and relax. Beechwood Lake is nice easy place. But of a ride but it’s what I know.