My new Bladed errr Spinner thing

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I’m back at my whacky creations. I’ll be honest, this one took very little thought and it’s gimmicky but I was bored a couple of weeks ago and I threw it together. Last week I went out one day and tried it and kind of laughed. It’s absolutely dodgey and inconsistent but I couldn’t put it down, it was just fun. Think of a crankbait with no predictability. No, I didn’t catch anything with it but I didn’t catch anything with anything else either so I’ll leave that there.

I made up a couple more tonight with a slight alteration to help with more consistent blade spin but oddly, I think it could be a winner. At the very least, it’s fun experimenting.

3F81D56D-4A3F-4939-A369-5EB0D65F972C.jpeg

Don

Get rid or that stupid treble hook, are you Insecure? Do you wear 3 belts, 3 shoes, 3 hats?
Put a 1/0 EWG on there and drag a 5 inch Senko or Dinger. BTW it looks like a chattery version on about half the walleye stuff I see in bass pro.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Get rid or that stupid treble hook, are you Insecure? Do you wear 3 belts, 3 shoes, 3 hats?
Put a 1/0 EWG on there and drag a 5 inch Senko or Dinger. BTW it looks like a chattery version on about half the walleye stuff I see in bass pro.
0 + 2 + 1 = 3. Perfect! Treble it is! ;)

Yeah, bladed, because there is a patent on chatter is all the rage these days. I bought some of the blades last year in hopes of developing a spinner that would not create line twist. I didn’t like the performance of them so I shelved it until I started tinkering again recently.

Don

For trout. What color blade for dark days

I still think it will work great dragging a worm

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
For trout. What color blade for dark days

I still think it will work great dragging a worm
Dark days, clear water, I’m throwing Brass. If the water is stained, Silver, if the water is cloudy to muddy, white.

My color choice has nothing to do with the fish though, only so that I can see the spinner better in X conditions.

Reactions: Don

truecrimson

Belay all that noise. Keep the treble. Crush the barbs ;)

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
There was a trout study at one time. I wish I had the reference…Google right? But the study was the impact of trout with single hooks vs treble hooks in mortality. The study proved that single hooks, by a slim margin, produced more mortality than treble. I believe pinching barbs was also in that study and showed decreased mortality. The overall gist was that single hooks were simply easier for a trout to ingest deeper than a treble.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I got to try out my latest iteration on this lure yesterday....which is the one pictured originally. It's a winner for sure. The blade spin is now consistent and it dodges consistent as well. I tried it on a pond that is void of fish though so I still have to prove it works??? My goal last year was to create a Bass Spinner that doesn't create line twist, accomplished! Will it catch? My trout spinners catch bass real nice so lets hope this does.

HenryDavid

Whatever it was that fish had it's jaw ripped wide open, like it or not that's a dead fish, keep trying to justify rip lipping.

Don

I got to try out my latest iteration on this lure yesterday....which is the one pictured originally. It's a winner for sure. The blade spin is now consistent and it dodges consistent as well. I tried it on a pond that is void of fish though so I still have to prove it works??? My goal last year was to create a Bass Spinner that doesn't create line twist, accomplished! Will it catch? My trout spinners catch bass real nice so lets hope this does.
Send one for trials. I’ll do a write up in PAANGLING. I even looks good.