My new Inline "Bass" Spinner

Don

A tini brass sequin with a hole in the middle. 1 or two should do it. Why not use wire and bend your own clevis? I have some like that.
BTW all my spinners are completely weedless at the moment. 😉
3mm sequin. To protect clevis.

Attachments

• 97DFC037-7424-4D65-BB16-E996BEF0C2D2.jpeg
    97DFC037-7424-4D65-BB16-E996BEF0C2D2.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I ordered some new parts today, specifically that .031 wire and #2 size Clevis. I also picked up some solid brass beads, one size in black finish and some Chartreuse blades. My inspiration coming from a bluegill of course. A Chartreuse blade and that black dot to be just a bead down from the blade. I am going to swap the last brass bead with a bead 1/32 larger and eliminate the plastic bead as well for better symmetry.

Melvinp

I played around putting a rubber skirt on a spinner make the spinner shaft a little longer than normal and give your self a good amount of turns on the hook end of your wire makes a good base for the rubber skirt I didn’t have a long enough shaft and my skirt bunched up and pushed the rest of the spinner body up again my clevis. (lol chew on that one crimson bahahA)

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Because of this thread, I did tinker with one skirt build. I have no idea if it will work but it kind of goes against what I am ultimately trying to achieve anyways. I think if you want a skirt, sticking with a spin bait might be the better solution??

4509CF7D-7559-4D77-8E27-A8D401CE87EC.jpeg

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I got to test out my spinner build on the lake today. I caught nothing! Again! but I also caught nothing on every other bait in my boat so I can’t blame the spinner. Lol

I tried it on both a spinning rod and a bait caster and had no line twist issues. I was also pleasantly surprised that it stayed deep and the blade spun at very slow retrieval speeds. It’s a winner for sure. I still have to prove that it catches but at this point, I have to prove that I can actually catch a fish on anything again as my early spring has been awful!

Next lure design, 🧨

Melvinp

I got to test out my spinner build on the lake today. I caught nothing! Again! but I also caught nothing on every other bait in my boat so I can’t blame the spinner. Lol

I tried it on both a spinning rod and a bait caster and had no line twist issues. I was also pleasantly surprised that it stayed deep and the blade spun at very slow retrieval speeds. It’s a winner for sure. I still have to prove that it catches but at this point, I have to prove that I can actually catch a fish on anything again as my early spring has been awful!

Next lure design, 🧨
Lol well I got a bow at lunch so I bailed early to make some cast with the flyrod found that both my feet where a little wet and my 2 year old 90 dollar fly line has a spot where the cord has torn through the other coating great more stuff to buy.

truecrimson

Lol well I got a bow at lunch so I bailed early to make some cast with the flyrod found that both my feet where a little wet and my 2 year old 90 dollar fly line has a spot where the cord has torn through the other coating great more stuff to buy.
I was trying to find the "At least it gets you out in the open air." scene, but apparently no one has clipped it. So the whole scene will have to do ;)

Melvinp

I was trying to find the "At least it gets you out in the open air." scene, but apparently no one has clipped it. So the whole scene will have to do ;)

BahahA I needed that thanks I didn’t even catch a fish lol 20 minutes after they stocked lol even after all of it it was nice just to get my feet wet and some sun.

HenryDavid

Maybe a little crazy glue to seal that crack?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
That odd, gimmicky, heavy spinner I made pictured below, it turns out, it’s pretty damn good.

8BF79986-1B26-42B7-98A6-DCEBBD46B4D3.jpeg

I fished it in 30’ water today for about a 1/2 hour, climbing the grade of a dam. It spun at low speed, stayed on the bottom, ticking rocks the whole way up. I really expected it to easily snag but no snags. I actually want to add to it now so maybe an additional smaller bead at the bottom to give it a more uniform appearance.

This would be for a very specific deep technique but neat to see something gimmicky work out.

Oh and no, I caught nothing…again! Lol. My local reservoir is still cold and had stain to it today. It’s normally gin clear. No bites on other presentations either so I can’t call my inline bass spinner idea a loser yet! ;)

Melvinp

That odd, gimmicky, heavy spinner I made pictured below, it turns out, it’s pretty damn good.

View attachment 3079

I fished it in 30’ water today for about a 1/2 hour, climbing the grade of a dam. It spun at low speed, stayed on the bottom, ticking rocks the whole way up. I really expected it to easily snag but no snags. I actually want to add to it now so maybe an additional smaller bead at the bottom to give it a more uniform appearance.

This would be for a very specific deep technique but neat to see something gimmicky work out.

Oh and no, I caught nothing…again! Lol. My local reservoir is still cold and had stain to it today. It’s normally gin clear. No bites on other presentations either so I can’t call my inline bass spinner idea a loser yet! ;)
Almost a half oz that’s a chunk of brass for sure

Reactions: Don