My new Inline "Bass" Spinner

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I received my parts order from Hagen’s. I think it will be my last order with them. There is always something wrong or missing, Chartreuse blades missing this order and it took over a week to process with a nudge by email for them to get to it.

You save some money going straight to them but I can’t get the hooks I prefer from them anymore so I think I’d rather just pay Lurepartsonline a couple more bucks. They always have accurate stock numbers and process the order the same or next day.

Anyways, enough whining from me. This is the latest and most likely the final build. .031 wire with an additional loop twist over what I typically do for trout spinners. A solid brass bronze bead at the bottom to mimic the black dot on a bluegill. It weighs in at .31 ounce, a welcomed bump up from my original concoction. Can’t wait to try them in water temperature that bass are active.

93647A2A-8884-49BA-95DC-E8135A3DCF75.jpeg

Melvinp

I received my parts order from Hagen’s. I think it will be my last order with them. There is always something wrong or missing, Chartreuse blades missing this order and it took over a week to process with a nudge by email for them to get to it.

You save some money going straight to them but I can’t get the hooks I prefer from them anymore so I think I’d rather just pay Lurepartsonline a couple more bucks. They always have accurate stock numbers and process the order the same or next day.

Anyways, enough whining from me. This is the latest and most likely the final build. .031 wire with an additional loop twist over what I typically do for trout spinners. A solid brass bronze bead at the bottom to mimic the black dot on a bluegill. It weighs in at .31 ounce, a welcomed bump up from my original concoction. Can’t wait to try them in water temperature that bass are active.

View attachment 3108
Do you order things from hagens by the 💯

Solitario Lupo

View attachment 3108
That seems to be a big thing now ordering stuff and some items don't come in. They say they are in stock then we you get a hold of them it's on backorder or something like that.

HenryDavid

That will be my Go To for beads for my Tip-Up rigs ! Thanks ! I'm confused it says

BEADS 25 CT​

then below is says >> 2 CT SOLID BRASS BEADS5: << Are you getting two 25 bead packs? If so that's a great deal.

A-5

I believe it’s 25 ct not sure. I definitely see what your saying. They have a send a message section. He will clear up any confusion.

Don

I was hoping to see this thread continue at the hands of experts.
Did well this week with bass with Troutspinner’s trout version.
I wasn’t convinced either way that the blade shape and colors are best for bass but the result proved they catch bass.
I’d like to hear your take on color. Color of blade, color of hook and body parts, color of hooks and any skirts. A little birdie from Gilbertsville stated that color doesn’t matter to the fish. splain please!

truecrimson

I received one as a gift from kindly, good looking, and generous young man I fished with recently. I have been planning to report on it's performance, but unfortunately I have not had a chance to fish since then.

truecrimson

I don't know if color makes a difference in spinners. My tendency to purchase rainbow pattern panther martins comes from my absolute belief that color does make a difference with Rapalas. I find the rainbow pattern Rapalas outperform all other colors/patterns by a significant margin. I have come to attribute that to the widespread stocking of rainbow trout. PFBC even stocks rainbows in water that will not hold them in the warmer months. I think this has trained fish across PA that rainbow pattern=food.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I was hoping to see this thread continue at the hands of experts.
Did well this week with bass with Troutspinner’s trout version.
I wasn’t convinced either way that the blade shape and colors are best for bass but the result proved they catch bass.
I’d like to hear your take on color. Color of blade, color of hook and body parts, color of hooks and any skirts. A little birdie from Gilbertsville stated that color doesn’t matter to the fish. splain please!

I’m not convinced in color for bass. I am 100% convinced on trout, color doesn’t matter.

For bass, I think the brass or gold color ones mimic a sunny. Other colors could prove to be interesting but that is something I will have to tinker with when I figure out my final build.

The one TC tried last week I thought was going to be my final build but I think it’s just a tad too heavy. It works well climbing steep banks / rocks but I think it’s too heavy for just tossing at banks. I may downsize some beads to get it to a quarter ounce and give that a run next time on the boat.

Don

For Bass....more than a quarter ounce but less than 3/8 to keep it usable to any rig.
I was wondering about speed. Do you usually draw the spinner at the minimum speed needed to keep it going nicely or do you always burn them in?