My other drug

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Very nice! In my much younger days I use to have a Yamaha Warrior and I had a friend in Shamokin with a Banshee and we would ride all the time. I did some intake and exhaust mods on my 4 stroke and it was very close to keeping up with his Banshee but he also raced and one day let me try his race quad which was very similar to what you are showing. I think he called it a "Quadzilla" which is the nickname I believe they gave those quads because they were just scary fast and man it was. Talk about a different breed of power.

Gremcat

Had a 400z in the basement garage for 3 years. A buddy had built it for racing in NC then moved here. Told me I could plow with it 🙄. Finally told him it had to go to his empty 4 car garage from my packed garage. I also told him a local youth group kid of mine wanted it. My friend had it pretty built. Scared myself the one time I road it. He sold it to the kid for $1k. It was the white/blue one with a pretty nice upgraded suspension, kmf looking exhaust, rebuilt bored motor or something, and new tires/rims. Buddy originally paid $1500 for it non running and had a ruined rim and his spending habits make me look like a tightwad. He turned a shop near the track lose on it. Only let his kid ride it a few times then decided too dangerous so he parked it. Even threw in a nice helmet and goggles. My Bro said I should’ve bought it.

With Covid closing things and most youth in college/military I hope he’s not been stupid on it. He was a pretty small 9th grader. I warned his dad it was fast. Unfortunately, probably not a problem. I suspect it was really a way to get it for about nothing and flip it. Bet it’ll be the kid’s ‘fault’ for some manufactured slight.

Melvinp

Very nice! In my much younger days I use to have a Yamaha Warrior and I had a friend in Shamokin with a Banshee and we would ride all the time. I did some intake and exhaust mods on my 4 stroke and it was very close to keeping up with his Banshee but he also raced and one day let me try his race quad which was very similar to what you are showing. I think he called it a "Quadzilla" which is the nickname I believe they gave those quads because they were just scary fast and man it was. Talk about a different breed of power.
Suzuki 500 2 stroke(Quadzilla)they were a beast

Melvinp

Believe it or not racing is somewhat safer than just showing off to your buddies you have to have the gear boots,helmet,goggles,nerf bars and kill switches riding in my yard helmets are mandatory and riding hard is one thing riding stupid is another.

Gremcat

Yeah, the 9th grader I saw racing buddies on a gravel road before he got the 400z so not exactly cautious. My Bro ran a race track in NE, Eagle Bridge or something like that. He had a pretty ridiculous built 250 2 stroke dirt bike and the limited release 450 that was even nuttier. Remember a friend of his didn’t heed warnings from him and tried hitting the same massive vertical he did with a quad. Screams right after revealed both legs shattered after falling pretty dang far.

I much prefer putting around on 4 strokes myself. Melvin, your in a bit more of an extreme category than I’d previously thought. I’ll get my adrenaline pushing altitude with the quads God gave me.😁

Reactions: A-5

Gremcat

It’s always stupid when I ride, imagine a 6’3” 220 lbs guy dragging his feet on an overbuilt KM80 in first gear. Even his kids’ bike was more than I could safely ride. We say steelheaders are a bit crazy but I remember a full drum of JP Racing fuel right next to his furnace in his basement......