My Turn!

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I was feeling slow Thursday, like an allergy hangover. I attributed it to walking around the lake and woods for a few hours Wednesday. Friday I started with sinus, throat, chest and fever, all mild. I took a couple of doses of Tussin DM that day to keep the symptoms at bay and had a couple of naps.

Saturday was the same, maybe a little improvement but thought that I felt similar to how I did 2 years ago, right before we went into the pandemic mode and took a test, sure enough, positive. 2 years ago, "whatever" I had kicked my butt and put me in bed for 5 days and took weeks to recover. Saturday, one dose of Tussin DM in the morning was enough to get through the day and a couple of naps.

Last night (Saturday), I had some fever sweats and slept LONG, 10 hours and woke up feeling pretty good in general. I still have some congestion but I consider myself on the mend and do not feel that I need any medicine.

I am vaccinated and boosted. I decided to do those things because of how bad that illness was 2 years ago, I did not want to get that sick again and lose all that work time. Losing that work time cuts into my fishing time! ;) so I guess?? the vaccines worked? Who knows but I thought I would share my experience.

Oh, one thing to add. My stomach from Wednesday night through yesterday has been growling and gurgling like I've never experienced and my appetite has been ferocious. I have been satisfying that appetite too, eating pretty healthy, with lots of protein however, there have been no bathroom issues. I guess my body was just gearing up to fight what was in it?

Don

Slugger. Stay with it. Get onto Benedryl for nights and stay on anahystamine (spell please) for day. The cough will return for a bit and these meds will keep your sleep up to date and the grunk out of your lungs by day.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Marathon sleep last night. Close to 11 hours. Very odd for me. I feel good though. Still some congestion but an improvement over yesterday. Ringing in my ears is definitely present still. I don’t think I mentioned that previously. I believe that is due to the congestion but it is mild. No fever or cough to speak of. I am working right now, we’ll see if some deep thinking lol gets me tired.

From past illnesses throughout life and knowing my body, I believe this is over. I just need to work out the left over congestion moving around for a couple of days.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Ugh. I picked up my son from college and brought him home, you guessed it, Covid. He has a pretty good fever, 102.5, headache and body aches but generally, weathering it well watching the Sixers as I type. My wife is sick with “something” but testing negative. My wife doesn’t get sick often, heck, we’re convinced she is an alien as she seems to will things away. ;)

Reactions: Don

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Hope all is well. Hopefully with the warmer weather things will get better.
Thank you. Actually he is doing well today……and complaining!

We made him do the proper thing and inform the health office at school and his professors. This way he would get extra time, especially since he is heading into finals if he needs it. Due to that, he is not allowed to return until next Saturday the 12th. So yeah, he is complaining that he should not have told anyone because he says he feels like he is fine. Lol. Kids.

Reactions: Don