Narvon,PA where to fish?

Gremcat

Going there for 3 days. Wife planned a camping trip. I argued I live in the woods, have the Glen, and have provisions for a large fire outside or inside should it rain. Even have a hammock by the fire pit. No dice, we are going. Sooo... I’ve not fished in almost 3 days. Where should I look around Lancaster County for trout?

Don

Grem, I guess Mr Negative doesn't like the Conestoga. Lancaster — Pennsylvania
Lancaster — Pennsylvania&spn=0.005546,0.010835&t=m

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I have not fished that area but I am a little familiar with it, my waist line was a recent victim of Shady Maple. ;). Speedwell is probably the most talked or written about lake I've seen mentioned so maybe put that on your radar. Conestoga is a stream or small river that I have been over MANY times but have not fished it. It does look bassy to me and I believe it is also stocked with trout.

There would be no shame in shelving fishing for your trip, there is plenty to be enjoyed in the region and to gain some points with the wife. ;). I know this because my wife drags me out there often! We like to visit the furniture stores, Shady Maple, Kings (has a trout hatchery too), Kitchen Kettle Village, Amish Farm and she even dragged me up to the Wolf Sanctuary near Speedwell a few years ago. It is a nice place to visit.

Reactions: Don

Gremcat

I looked at Hammer and a few others too. I’m probably going to grudgingly agree with TS. I’m not sure I can part with a rod for 3.5 days but can look forward to the needed rain increasing flows when I’m back in the NE. Overstayed myself today and left a poorly seated knot on. About that time one of the overfed browns in the new creek hit and wasn’t even a contest. Broke my hook free and kept cruising. Maybe squeezing in 4AM trips on workdays should stop for a bit too.

Gremcat

Might sneak a rod along in case I get rained in and stir crazy. I seem to be worse than the kids being unable to entertain myself.

Gremcat

TS thanks for all the spots, we have nothing planned so I sent her links to each. I had a site in Lancaster I visited a few times before we closed it. I’m fairly positive she’s never been.