Need a Boondoggle thread

Gremcat

Wheels up in T -2 hours for 12 hrs drive to SC. Guide lost a 13’+ Sat night and client happily took a slightly smaller one. Still so big he towed to shore. I’m holding out for 650 lbs +, 13’ is just a number and for gators it’s absurdly high. Like holding out for a 230” WT on public in PA during archery absurd. Not a cheap endeavor and probably only chance remaining in my life in a croc sized gator.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Good Luck Gremcat! I can't ever see me having the desire to do what you are doing but Gators go into my Spider and Snake profile, no need for any of them! ;)

Gremcat

So do you throw a line are actually catching on a rod.
This guide uses heavy poles and those snag hooks I posted earlier. He had a client on a 13’+ and it got spooked Sat. On the Opener. Client wanted a 10’ range and after 4 hrs got antsy. Took a good one. Guide was happy to hold off for me. Couple big poles, then a snatch hook or harpoon dart, then a pistol or preferably knife boatside. I’m still sorting mechanics of getting that big pile o teeth into the boat to get the tiny target nerve/spine. With the head/neck flat on water I don’t think I can slip a blade between the armored scutes when the neck is tight to head and pulling 200lbs of head into boat might be unrealistic. Good dry run for stabbing a croc someday though.

Gremcat

13’1” 768 lbs, somewhere around top 10 in SC, I’m exhausted but I’ll try loading pics. If not I’ll add in AM. Going on 4 days straight no sleep. Freaking brute, all I hoped for and then some, 3-4 hour fight in 25’, longest and deepest for guide and me. 3 tuna rods with 400 lbs and massive trebles, 3 harpoons/floats, big snatch hook, and noise with float. Oh and 2 mags from Glock to subdue.

Then work began, took 2 hours to get him winched into cypress to get into boat. I’m shot after 3 days no sleep. Checkbox very checked. Couldn’t ask for a better croc sized gator.7CFEE3D3-D408-4A09-8B91-FC20F9442615.jpegE7DCCAE1-3811-4284-8CEE-AE30F042F51C.jpegB09F56D1-002C-41A2-BD54-7F03C7CE1138.jpegEE729A08-6856-4F4C-BCDF-370BCBF394A8.jpeg