New Site Address Coming Very Soon!

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I made another thread about this site name being put on the spam list. The people who owned the site name previously were spammers and unknown to me at the time of purchase, the domain name was blacklisted, everywhere! Overcoming that I am finding is very difficult. Once I break down Google and Bing, there are still hurdles for Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, and so on and so on. Rather, it's just easier to buy a new name that has never been registered before, so I did. ;)

We will be changing to paangling.com

The New Official Address Will Be https://www.paangling.com

I will be doing my best to make the transition as seamless as possible and will create a redirect from paanglers to paangling so even if you type in the current name, it should redirect you automagically.

I will be working on it this evening so if see some issues, you'll know I'm the guy screwing things up. ;)

I'll provide a follow up post here when it is done.

Looking forward to the site finally being recognized by search engines.

Blackcat Outdoors

Only issue I found, was I had to reinstall the app icon on my phone in order for it to send me to the correct address. No biggie, it's working now.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Only issue I found, was I had to reinstall the app icon on my phone in order for it to send me to the correct address. No biggie, it's working now.

Makes sense, different web address. I should have sent in the email blast that you would have to re-login, once again, different address but it looks like it’s going pretty smooth.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
As long as your screwing things up in a good way. Haha. Will that change the secure status. Evertime I put pa anglers in it was not secure.

If you just type paangling.com, the main site page will come up as not secure when you first visit the site but as soon as you click on anything, the next page and every page thereafter is secure as I have a redirect to the SSL layer.

There are technical reasons to this but my thumbs will fall off trying to explain it. Let’s just call it a limitation due to my choice. ;)

If you are concerned about the main site page not being secure, change your bookmark to
Code:
https://www.paangling.com
and that will make it secure.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
As long as your screwing things up in a good way. Haha. Will that change the secure status. Evertime I put pa anglers in it was not secure.

So you got me thinking about this. It has been a while since I have run this software so I went to the support forum and what do you know, this has been addressed, all I had to do was add a couple of lines to a configuration file a viola! no matter how you type the website, the beginning page and all pages are now SSL so this is fixed. Technology, who would have thunk. ;)

Reactions: A-5

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Oh, and I am very happy to say, we are now officially on google search with this new address. You literally have to type paangling.com into the search box for the one lonely match to come up :( but it's a start. The rest is up to us to make intriguing, worthy posts. ;)

Solitario Lupo

So you got me thinking about this. It has been a while since I have run this software so I went to the support forum and what do you know, this has been addressed, all I had to do was add a couple of lines to a configuration file a viola! no matter how you type the website, the beginning page and all pages are now SSL so this is fixed. Technology, who would have thunk. ;)
Just thought I’d say something as that what it comes up on the computer. Glad to see you fixed it. It wasn’t a big deal but at least it might get newer members to join.

The site looks good maybe you won’t have to do to much work on it now.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Just thought I’d say something as that what it comes up on the computer. Glad to see you fixed it. It wasn’t a big deal but at least it might get newer members to join.

The site looks good maybe you won’t have to do to much work on it now.
I do appreciate the feedback. Things like you mentioned affect search results so best to nip them in the bud ASAP. And I agree, not much left to do except use and enjoy it. Hoping the site has a bright future now.