No matter how good a bait looks…

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Sometimes it just wont get bit!

I fished a local small reservoir to me this evening and noticed this bug about 15 yards off the bank. It looked like a cicada but at that distance who knows but it was about that size.

I was amazed at how this thing just screamed come eat me by the way it struggled in the water, vibrating, sending out rings of water, pause, do it again, go around in a circle and it went on for 15 minutes untouched! I wished I had a lure that could do those tricks but then again, it would just be another lure that sits in a box because it doesn’t work. Lol

FWIW, while watching this, I caught 2 bass on a Whacky rigged Senko and a Tiny Child rigged Senko so there were fish in the area. I guess they like plastic more than nature? Fish are crazy. :)

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
So let’s say I was inspired. Knowing the rain was coming, I left the boat at home and I went to Green Lane this morning with a whopper plopper, had one short blow up and then one small bass about twice the size of the plopper. At the very least, it was fun.

Don

Green lane...'Motor Boaters' great disappointment. I've often gazed longingly across it from myriad directions.

Reactions: A-5

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Green lane...'Motor Boaters' great disappointment. I've often gazed longingly across it from myriad directions.

No motors there, electric only but you have to store your boat there to use that place as they require a 10 day quarantine.

Reactions: A-5

HenryDavid

Sometimes it just wont get bit!

I fished a local small reservoir to me this evening and noticed this bug about 15 yards off the bank. It looked like a cicada but at that distance who knows but it was about that size.

I was amazed at how this thing just screamed come eat me by the way it struggled in the water, vibrating, sending out rings of water, pause, do it again, go around in a circle and it went on for 15 minutes untouched! I wished I had a lure that could do those tricks but then again, it would just be another lure that sits in a box because it doesn’t work. Lol

FWIW, while watching this, I caught 2 bass on a Whacky rigged Senko and a Tiny Child rigged Senko so there were fish in the area. I guess they like plastic more than nature? Fish are crazy. :)
I witnessed a nice Sulphur hatch on the Susquehanna River last week, very few risers. Judging by the recent air temperatures it seems the top water action is delayed this season. An old fishing partner of mine always said "You can't count on top water action for bass until after the 4th of July". I've seen days that prove that statement to be false, even in early June, but to expect consistent top water feeding bass is another deal. It'll come, just need to be patient I guess. There's not much more frustrating than looking for a hatch, finding the hatch and then having no bass rise to the occasion.

Solitario Lupo

You would think that any fish seeing the struggle would grab it. Saw a bluegill dying once it would kick a do spins. As I watch something small was picking on it.