Old Pic 5 deer in one night😳

truecrimson

These posts reminds me of one time I was bow hunting with my Dad. I was in my teens and according to my Dad, if you weren't in your spot at least an hour before light, you were late.
Wait, dad had another family!?

I was not using a stand that day but knew those woods and parked myself at the base of a large Ash Tree positioned so that I could get a nice look over the hill once it got light out.

About 15 minutes into my sit, I hear something from the slope of the hill making it's way up to me. It wasn't large but it wasn't small either, I remind you, I was in my teens....was it something going to eat me! LOL. This thing makes it's way to literally the other side of the tree I am sitting at and just stops! I sat there not moving an inch until I finally worked up the courage to turn on and shine my flashlight around the side to my right. I kid you not, in that split second, it made itself known! A bandit with it's arms in the air! Apparently, I scared him more than I was and I just busted out laughing, It was so funny! something out of a cartoon. That Raccoon scurried off quick but that image of a Raccoon with his arms in the air like "you got me" is burnt into my brain forever.
Reach for the sky, trash panda!

Gremcat

Had one of those huge ROUS’s on my leg hunting in a blind in brush pile. Shared stand with all kinds of critters and even buzzards over the years but that huge field mole thing that close to my groin had me sweating a good 5 mins until it scurried off.

Almost as bad, my first ground hunt I was 20ish and new to big game. Hunting bear for the first time and solo in the ‘Dax. One circled behind me and I didn’t hear it until it broke a branch 5 ft behind me. When it finally worked around to my front I shot a tree at 30 yards or less. I ended up killing it almost 150 yards offhand that night when it crossed a creek behind the cabin so it ended well but that morning I was shaking like a leaf when it surprised me.

Gremcat

The ROUS was in a field in NC. Forget what kind of rodent it was but field mole was close. About as big as a squirrel but fatter.