Organization

Don

Some of you are very messy, some are very clean. What is your system or if you had a system of order what would it be like.
Do you dry lures when you store them? DF467F6A-C56D-4CD6-B772-F2C99E433981.jpeg5E85603F-1B92-4D2D-A327-6AB26D44ED74.jpeg

MuskieGal

I am usually pretty organized. I hate not being able to find what I want when I need it. I keep most of my soft plastics together in one storage thing, spoons in another and spinners in another. Then I have a separate storage thing with all my favorites. I can get a pic later. The tackle bags are in the jeep and I'm not going out there in this cold haha

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I’m sure you’ve seen some of my pics and noticed some stuff when you visited so I won’t go into my OCDs lol but one thing I did years and years ago was buy a bag of desiccant packets. I used them in my lure making supplies to keep the brass from getting patina.

I now keep one packet in each 3700 box I have and they really help, especially with my salt gear.

I do not place lures back into their boxes until I get home from a fishing trip. I just throw them in my bait bucket to dry…and then I can also review what worked and what didn’t to help with future choices.

truecrimson

I like to use one box for each category of stuff and then I have a couple of mixed boxes for traveling light. When I get back I set all the boxes open to dry. I also use Waterproof boxes.

Don

I like to use one box for each category of stuff and then I have a couple of mixed boxes for traveling light. When I get back I set all the boxes open to dry. I also use Waterproof boxes.
Thanks to you I have boxes. I have to spread out more. I try to carry it all.

Don

you? What size storage boxes? It seems to me that in order to be more organized Im going to have to spread it all out and stop trying to cross up the categories. I'm gonna need more boxes.

Last edited:

truecrimson

I'm a big fan of gear bags. Lures & flies are in storage boxes, then the boxes and assorted gear are put into small bags or small backpacks.
Yeah I have a backpack, a hip pack, and bag that all hold 3600 size boxes. The hip pack holds 3 and is my 'traveling light' bag. The backpack holds 4 but you can fit another 4 in the cooler if you don't use it as a cooler. That's usually a bank/shore fishing with other people setup. The bag holds 7 or 8 and it is my long day in the kayak or fishing with Don setup.

Blackcat Outdoors

Yeah I have a backpack, a hip pack, and bag that all hold 3600 size boxes. The hip pack holds 3 and is my 'traveling light' bag. The backpack holds 4 but you can fit another 4 in the cooler if you don't use it as a cooler. That's usually a bank/shore fishing with other people setup. The bag holds 7 or 8 and it is my long day in the kayak or fishing with Don setup.
I followed you until the cooler hack. I can think of way more important things I carry in my cooler. 😁

pabassman

Just a heads up to save a buck. Not too long ago I was looking for a better plastics solution and I went to waterproof 3700 boxes. Instead of buying them for $18 at Dicks or Bass Pro, I picked them up at Harbor Freight. Identical box but for $10 each.
I was looking at them today. If I didnt have so many now I'd have bought some lol