PA’s big fish

Don

I don’t know. Looks fishy to me. And is it the ten thousandth cast or did he take a shortcut?
Nice looking fish. Wonder how old it is?

Solitario Lupo

Think the ice was the shortcut. As for how old who knows with them big fish as they can get big fast. Males that big can be over 15 years females over 10years.

Solitario Lupo

I've seen some nice pike my bro almost had one in but they don't usually get that big. That's why I go muskie but even tigers don't get that big so it's a nice one. Guy should be proud of that fish.

Reactions: Don

Melvinp

Tigers can’t produce and eat all of the other fish. PA game commission answer to look a big fish. Also their lazy answer to ehhh. We will just stick musky in there. and call it a day.

This is not to offend anyone except Don. Ahahahah. But PA is absolutely the bottom of the barrel across this country on fish management
I thought that a tiger could be created by Mother Nature in rare instances but I’m not a fishologist lol just catch um

A-5

AC31F031-2787-482F-9FE2-64B25CD0F589.jpegUsually sterile and grows faster with no real mental thought. Let’s stock crappies and walleye and feed the Tigers. Uhhg

Solitario Lupo

I thought that a tiger could be created by Mother Nature in rare instances but I’m not a fishologist lol just catch um
Yes they are created by mother nature. That's where the people get the idea from. A pike and musky is all it takes. Some lakes have natural spawning that this can take place.

Last edited:

Don

Today I was in Pike country. At the fishing show most of the guys that I talk to either fish for bass or for pike. I bought 2 5diamond yellow spoons

truecrimson

Yeah sometimes the spawning beds overlaps in location and time. Mostly they breed at different times, but if one is late and the other early........

I got something out of all those years of fishing magazine subscriptions ;)

Reproduction[edit]​

Cross-breeding of the true muskellunge and the northern pike occurs naturally in the wild where both parent species occur. The tiger muskie is sterile, which is not unusual for a hybrid fish. Breeders prefer to breed male northern pike and female muskellunge, because the eggs are less adhesive and have less tendency to clump when hatching.[8] While some tiger muskie occur naturally most are bred in hatcheries. Tiger muskie usually grow more quickly than the pure-strain muskie and northern pike in the first several years. They can also endure high temperatures better than the parent fish and they grow more quickly reaching legal size sooner, making them more useful in stocking.[9]

Don

I’ve seen them while canoeing on the Lehigh and Delaware. Looking like devils motionless as you drift by. What impressive fish.

A-5

Ok hold on. Obviously they can be made. But PA stocks a sterile fish that is a Aplus predator that eats like crazy. My point is the game commission laziness Of. I’ll stick this fish tha can’t reproduce and eats everything so Pa fisherman can have a trophy fish. Meanwhile they abandon most other programs to bare minimum. Pa trout stocking is a joke. I’m all for having musky lakes and trophy fish. I have a article in hand. Some here have seen it. pA game commission listed the reason they would not stock the Lehigh with a certain fish was because fisherman might get hurt trying to fish for them ???? Seriously unbelievable

A-5

6A42DC8C-6386-4EE9-A4B5-9FC59DED680C.jpegRotting fish on the shore? And dangers of putting yourself in to be successful at catching them? Can anyone explained the rotting fish? That is your PA game commission.

A-5

BY the way the ladders work they don’t want to maintain them with debris. They work.

Don M

Three occasions that I've witnessed the musky. 1st time fishing the Perkiomen creek about 1979 for small mouth, the fish commission came on the creek. Thinking they were checking license but left and came right back, with buckets. Curious I walked up to them, they were stocking tiger musky. 2nd time again in the late 70"s while renting a boat at Nockamixon ( the lake was about 6 year old) on a fog that was lifting, there were 3 duck quacking away. All all a sudden the quacking got very loud, than 2 duck flew away the other was musky breakfast. 3rd same place my best friend and I took our wives to the park at opening time for a picnic, not wanting to unload the car. We told them we had to rent a boat before they were gone. Rented the boat and went just off the dock and my friend was anchoring the boat, I looked up and a mucky was swimming at the boat like a torpedo. Hit the boat and was never seen again, by us.

Melvinp

I’ve seen that myself in the St Lawrence had a musky run into the side of the boat like a torpedo