Painting Brass Eyes

Don

I want to paint these red with black pupils. Will Sally Hansen colors do the trick?

HourglassEyeGold.JPG

Solitario Lupo

Most paints will chip and eventually start to come off. The only thing I can think of is powder coat it. The other thing is to paint it and stick a clear epoxy or some waterproof finish on it.

Don

Yes but it beats paying retail. And you don’t really suck at it.
I am about to tie really really small clousers and deceivers and thought maybe I could paint them with nail polish while I’m doing my nails.

Reactions: A-5

Solitario Lupo

Don it's all on how permanent you want it to last. You can try nail polish it might work for you. Nothing last very long even powdercoating it. I have had some(powder coated) jigs used it a couple times in Rocky areas and the paint is off to a plain lead jig.
I've used rust-oleum spray paints on jigs and so far they all lasted long enough for me to lose them so I'd say it work just as good.

A-5

I definitely think powder coated store and mine are way different. The ones I powder coat are strong like bull

Melvinp

Brass is tough might better leave it be or only paint the eye part but it probably will not hold up use the brass as is leave the lead for paint fish probably won’t care if you want to try use paint pens

Don

Hobby Lobby?

My stuff rarely touches rock in Pocono lakes as the weed growth lines the bottom.
Thanks for the comments.

Nappy

I would say once the red then the black is put on I would clear over the top.should work Don.