Pending State Record Trout

Gremcat

Club is a co-op but even if it wasn’t I don’t see a rule that denies it. It’s the one I netted at hatchery and stocked for kids day. Stocked again Sat but I’ve personally only fished a few half hearted hours lately.

415C1F21-C0BA-454D-8B0D-22F9FC036F36.jpegB0F7F790-52C0-45D1-9B54-82BB67B75328.jpeg1C3A25A9-5F0D-449A-BAAF-3F96BF56C30C.jpeg421576FC-61B0-44F0-AB47-93C5DE879B74.png

Gremcat

Not for records from put and take stocking but I don’t make the rules. I haven’t fished much because I stock the fish. Seems wrong to go back after to catch them. Someday we can restore all the creeks to be naturally spawning. Until then it’ll be put and take. Maybe even after to limit pressure on wild spawn.

Gremcat

Just stocked last time for spring. Loaded all big browns and tigers into creek. Unless something changes state is considering an old bio report evidence enough to deem the creek class B wild. No more browns, only giant rainbows that will eat them I guess.

Reactions: Don

Gremcat

If anyone catches them there eat them. They are fed custom blend and it has lots of good vitamins in it. Gives flesh that orange color. Not the dyed orange like salmon but more then color of small native Brookies that have lived on crustaceans.

Solitario Lupo

Looks like your having a blast with this. Next time you throw a big one in. You might wanna get it yourself. Definitely look likes some nice clean fish.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
That’s pretty cool. I know the last 2 rainbow records were state stocked so unless there is a rule that it has to be state stocked, I see that as a champ and a beauty.

Melvinp

Just stocked last time for spring. Loaded all big browns and tigers into creek. Unless something changes state is considering an old bio report evidence enough to deem the creek class B wild. No more browns, only giant rainbows that will eat them I guess.
Browns have the best chance of spawning I think that’s why they don’t stock as many as they use to a good example is the Lackawanna river

Gremcat

Yeah, there are a handful of wild browns. I just wish the state wouldn’t force the coop to buy their sick fish then tell us after 3 years of feeding and treating they can’t be stocked. I also wish they’d wait until creek restoration. That’s the end game for this creek anyway. Lose big fish now lose interest. The handful of TU guys that influenced a shaky old conflicting bio report to this end are too near sighted.

Gremcat

Looks like your having a blast with this. Next time you throw a big one in. You might wanna get it yourself. Definitely look likes some nice clean fish.
Some days I do, others it’s a bit exhausting. We threw 700 in that day and another 7-800 Sat. I threw a line in last night but actually got skunked lol. That never happens. Playing meet and greet on trail cuts in a lot though. We put all our browns and tigers in too. Some Dinos in the mix.

Gremcat

That’s pretty cool. I know the last 2 rainbow records were state stocked so unless there is a rule that it has to be state stocked, I see that as a champ and a beauty.
Rule is has to be public water open to all. We are also a state coop so technically it’s their fish I think. I don’t know the mechanics yet. Lots and lots of noise he snags. That creek is sort of perfect environment for that sadly. I wouldn’t accuse anyone of that unless I personally saw it though. Lots of hate and jealousy flying.

A-5

My buddy has a saying

Looks like a dead fish. The ego of killing a fish for pics and showing it off to your buddies makes me want to vomit

Gremcat

Yeah we are looking into making a section C+R. We’ll see how it works out. A 3yo that size would be a true monster in a few years. Would love all streams to have wild monsters cruising them honestly. Lots of work before then though.

Reactions: A-5

Gremcat

Wish state would accept only unstocked wild fish or fingerling stocked and accept pics with measurements with eyewitness vs. the dead fish for records. Some are into getting their name out there. This creek is about to be over run anyway. Might help some see restoration side of things. I love the chance at catching huge Kamloops in a local creek but understand it’s an artificially created scenario. The killing part steals that experience from the next person but it’s part of the equation so I accept it.