Pennypack Creek?

Don

I didn't realize that Pennypack went all the way to Hatboro. Jeremy did you fish Towhee today?

Don

Welcome aboard. I must say during the years I covered your area with Bartlett Tree I often looked longingly at the Pennypack Creek. Also the Neshaminy and Wissahickon.
Guys I met Jeremy at Towhee today and he is a Bass Guru. In a driving 20+/- mph wind with the water all disturbed and murky he caught a 15" and a 12" Bass. I caught one 11".
And to show that he is credible: He knows where Upper Woods Pond is and has caught Kokanee there many years ago. No one here has done that!

Don

So Jeremy spent a good bit of time in the service and was stationed every where we probably wouldn't want to be. Like me he hadn't fish regularly for many years and is getting back at it now. We had to use a Crane but he was able to get into and out of a nicely fitted out Kayak. He like bass and more Importantly likes to eat Bass. He is from Lower Bucks County.

Jeremy

I did get a couple of nice rainbows at Core Creek Park 3 days ago... And, I learned that the State launch permit is one thing but I also need a Park launch permit if I want to put the kayak in any County Park water in Bucks county...

Attachments

• 2rainbowsa.jpg
    2rainbowsa.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1

Don

Yes, I want to fish Towhee more often and so I bought the launch permit. I'm 62 and it would have been free except that I'm not a resident.Nice dinner. What were you using?

Don M

Thinking of taking a walk down Pennypack creek with my ultralight. Know any hotspots?
I do most of my Pennypack fishing up your end of the creek, Huntingdon Pike down stream to Lorimer Park. I live in Philly (Burholme).

Don

Always though that Pennypack looked inviting. I learned to waterski in Croydon, mom grew up in Bristol, cousins in Rocklege, All my sibs were born in Abington. I pruned and sprayed the trees at Liberty bell race track until they closed. Small world. did the tree work for the Pitcarins.

Last edited: