Pet Thread

Solitario Lupo

Had a little jack Russell. Boy was it a good friend after she passed couldn’t get another. My old man gotta little pocket dog not sure what kind it is. He follows him everywhere my old man goes. Then if he leaves the dog just sits and cries all day.

Don

McNab Cattledog, Developed by Andrew McNab to run Cows through burrs and buffalo grass along the coastal highlands of Northern CA. While good companion dogs they excel at Disc(frisbee), Dock Diving, Scent, Agility and punching cows. Known for solving problems and remaining in control of themselves they are watching you at all times. If I stand up so does he. If I walk he is within 10' and if A-5 is around he is on the alert. I found this breed while selling in CA. I noticed this collie type dog around farms and garden centers and had to have one. He love the grandkids and remains calm among them.

Attachments

• IMG_6203.JPG
    IMG_6203.JPG
    863.3 KB · Views: 0

Don

Had a little jack Russell. Boy was it a good friend after she passed couldn’t get another. My old man gotta little pocket dog not sure what kind it is. He follows him everywhere my old man goes. Then if he leaves the dog just sits and cries all day.
I love Jack Russels. My last dog's breed was a cousin to JRT. Patterdale Terriers. They look like Lab puppies and get to about 12-20lbs.

truecrimson

Jello and Star. They aren't normally this friendly with each other.

20210912_131213.jpg

Mango, in the bubble backpack, and Jello on the floor. Mango isn't normally this sedate, and Jello isn't normally this active ;)

20210923_175117.jpg

We got Jello from Monica's bother and his, at the time not yet, ex wife. She swore up and down that little kitten Jello was a girl, and had named her Christmas Angel. I was pretty sure Jello was a boy. We all kept arguing about it until his 'boys' descended clarifying the matter. Well, my wife could not have a boy cat named Christmas Angel. Being from San Antonio I had grown up with an assortment of guys named Angel, and Jesus so it didn't bother me. But she could not have it. Having about 25% Italian DNA, she was OK with Angelo, so we went with that. Then, in the way that cat names do, it slowly transformed from Angelo to Jello.

I like dogs, but I have a cat lifestyle. If an animal can't be self sufficient for anywhere from 12 hours to 3 or 4 days then it is not a pet for us.

Melvinp

Gypsy she looks sweet and adorable but she’s not and I wouldn’t recommend the woggle ball to anyone it’s made from hard plastic and makes all kinds of noise even worse when it’s bouncing off the walls but she loves them and will fall asleep with it in her mouth

Attachments

• 2F947316-718A-41F3-90E3-3256B6549BD7.jpeg
    2F947316-718A-41F3-90E3-3256B6549BD7.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2

Blackcat Outdoors

Jello and Star. They aren't normally this friendly with each other.

View attachment 1691

Mango, in the bubble backpack, and Jello on the floor. Mango isn't normally this sedate, and Jello isn't normally this active ;)

View attachment 1692

We got Jello from Monica's bother and his, at the time not yet, ex wife. She swore up and down that little kitten Jello was a girl, and had named her Christmas Angel. I was pretty sure Jello was a boy. We all kept arguing about it until his 'boys' descended clarifying the matter. Well, my wife could not have a boy cat named Christmas Angel. Being from San Antonio I had grown up with an assortment of guys named Angel, and Jesus so it didn't bother me. But she could not have it. Having about 25% Italian DNA, she was OK with Angelo, so we went with that. Then, in the way that cat names do, it slowly transformed from Angelo to Jello.

I like dogs, but I have a cat lifestyle. If an animal can't be self sufficient for anywhere from 12 hours to 3 or 4 days then it is not a pet for us.
Our cat Jessie was named by my daughter along with his brother woody when she was 4 or 5. She was really into toy story then and thought it was a girl because of his long hair. We just went with it.😉 His brother passed a couple years ago and is where my screen name and YouTube name came from.

We always had big dogs before, we got the little dog, so she can come with us instead of having someone watch her. I've had her in the kyack already and on trail for backpacking trips. I've even taken her with me in the truck for work a few times, when everyone else was out of town.

MB3

We had 4 dogs but within the last year we lost the 2 King Charles Cavaliers, they are a great breed. They were Pixie and Gizmo. The Boxer is Ace and wacko toasting his under carriage is Cooper. He is part Beagle part Bulldog.

Attachments

• PXL_20210315_230855022.jpg
    PXL_20210315_230855022.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 5058.jpeg
    5058.jpeg
    726.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 5055.jpeg
    5055.jpeg
    719.9 KB · Views: 5

truecrimson

We make catfishing jokes every time we play with them with one of those toy-string-stick things. I keep saying we should just get a dock rod or a kids rod and tie a toy to the end. probably cast farther (further?) and have more action. I wonder if walking the dog would attract a cat?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
This is my Sunny and a pic from this past Xmas. We had to say goodbye to her earlier this year due to cancer. I don’t want to get too personal but I guess I have to, to express the loss I felt, but I lost my Mom Xmas eve this year, my grandmom a month later and then Sunny in spring.

My Mom was sick for a few years, it was not unexpected. My grandmom made it to 104! If anything, that is to be celebrated but Sunny, she took a piece of my heart with her.

What a sweetheart she was. The only time she ever barked at someone, even a complete stranger was with a ball in her mouth (funny hearing that, lol) to come pet her. She was not a guard dog at all but a companion through and through and smart, OMG smart! You could talk to her like a human and she knew what every word meant. There will never be another like her.

A9B9C561-C0E2-4948-A1C8-44A78ECF4CCD.jpeg

Don

That is cool TS, I had said that about a certain dog but then this current one entered my life and blew away my expectations. It'll happen to you again when you least expect it.
My mom was the same way in that she was always sick with something major. So it was almost a peaceful thing when God called her home. Now when in times of grief, joy or contemplation her unique quips and quirks cheer me through the heart. Things like "just don't stand there with your teeth in your mouth" ( means get busy with something) or "hit the wooden pike"(up the stairs to bed).
For better or for worse the feel of a soggy and slobbery ball will alway be a memory I can't forget.