Plastics for Crappies through the ice

HenryDavid

I've had some success with crappies lately, dropping the usual from mealworms, waxies on jigs, fathead minnows and plastics. They seem to really go for the plastics, I'll put a pic below of what I've been using on small slow sinking jig. Problem is they seem to rush up to it then I can't get them to seal the deal. I've caught plenty on them but with the sudden attention and mad bull rushes they get I would think I could catch a lot more. Scent maybe?

F11839_Orange Sherbet!01.jpg
Here's a web image of what I'm using, this seems to be the hottest pattern, mousie style

pabassman

I has a few different plastics but havent given them much effort. I did do ok on Slocum with a 1" gulp minnow on a tungsten jig one day last year.

Melvinp

Barlows tackle has a mold similar to this wouldn’t mind so in white and charteuse and pink my self hint hint but at 70 bucks that’s a lot to swallow and that’s a lot considering all the other stuff you need

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: Don

Solitario Lupo

Its 20 cavities so that's why so much. If I was more into fish for the small fish I might have thought about it for 60 but a little high price.
Right now I've been trying to do my own molds out of silicone but don't know how it's going to work. Got the silicone just haven't try yet. Maybe I can do one of that patterns myself.