Plastics In organized fashion

Don

First I must say that this thread really is written to all members but since I've fished with a few of you and have seen your "Don Tyson" type habits I am really hoping that Neatnicks like, like, well you know the couple that are neat nicks and I hope they comment first.
Due to the encouragement of many that I meet I had decided to learn the use of plastics. I find it sort of like learning to be skunked way too many days. Its a process fraught with dis-appointment and curse words. Add to of that there is a preponderance of gear, junk and tangles that I really hadn't counted on. Its all right. I'm up to the challenge but I think, as always, that I could learn allot from the rest of you on how you carry, organize and choose the plastics you will need on any given trip. I have bag of this stuff now and it is overwhelming. Wacky hooks, sinkers for TR, Senko's in two sizes, Crawls, Slithertail Whodoeys, and lots more. How do you keep it all under control. Below is a sampling of what I have. Its a bit more than a Beetle Spin Pack:

Attachments

• IMG_2543.jpg
    IMG_2543.jpg
    720.8 KB · Views: 7

Solitario Lupo

Lol I’ve tried the keep organized crap but when what you want doesn’t all fit nice in those containers. What ya supposed to do. I’ve just learned to carry a couple backpacks. Since I make my plastics I don’t have them in those nice packages so just a ziplock bag with the same colors. As for the big lures I got pencil containers and other big containers to put a couple lures in.

Solitario Lupo

Also just a little reminder keeping your stuff in airtight containers or any container always let them dry out if wet lures are in there or just caught in a rain storm. They will rust and can cause damages to the lures.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
This is what I use on my boat. They’re $15 at Cabelas a piece.

Attachments

• C60F4695-BE2A-4C5E-92D2-38E11A9F16F8.jpeg
    C60F4695-BE2A-4C5E-92D2-38E11A9F16F8.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 9

Don

Wow. That is handy. I might even find that type at Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Target, Dicks or Michaels. All are within 4 miles of me

Melvinp

First I must say that this thread really is written to all members but since I've fished with a few of you and have seen your "Don Tyson" type habits I am really hoping that Neatnicks like, like, well you know the couple that are neat nicks and I hope they comment first.
Due to the encouragement of many that I meet I had decided to learn the use of plastics. I find it sort of like learning to be skunked way too many days. Its a process fraught with dis-appointment and curse words. Add to of that there is a preponderance of gear, junk and tangles that I really hadn't counted on. Its all right. I'm up to the challenge but I think, as always, that I could learn allot from the rest of you on how you carry, organize and choose the plastics you will need on any given trip. I have bag of this stuff now and it is overwhelming. Wacky hooks, sinkers for TR, Senko's in two sizes, Crawls, Slithertail Whodoeys, and lots more. How do you keep it all under control. Below is a sampling of what I have. Its a bit more than a Beetle Spin Pack:
Not really sure if this applies but you can bunch hooks and weight together but keep your plastics separate and in each type and color in their own pack just like you have them some do bleed and every so often you will get the perfect mix of colors but not often

Don

Its allot. I currently keep all of them, Including Sols product, in the resealable bags they come in. Then I staked them in a 1 gallon sealable freezer bag ( or is it half gallon). It works. I don't have a way to put these out of the sun which may also ruin them.

A-5

I use a bucket all my crap is in it. I throw the same thing all year on the 3-5 rods. I don’t catch much.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
That’s a lot of rubber
I feel anemic compared to some of the people I see on Youtube. LOL. But then again, I think, they're pros, they're sponsored and I I have a good laugh every time I watch a tournament on TV and they use a Senko or Dropshot 3/4 of the time.

Don

A-5 if I were a fish I wouldn't bite your bucket either, Not even if you cast it with all three rods.

TS I need to learn neatness and like A-5 I'm sure that in the next year I'll boil off all the chaff and won't need a s much with me in the boat.
It does seem that in the end many, if not most, professionals turn to plastics such as Senko variations or jigs.
Point is what ever I have with me I want it to be organized and accessible.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
A-5 if I were a fish I wouldn't bite your bucket either, Not even if you cast it with all three rods.

TS I need to learn neatness and like A-5 I'm sure that in the next year I'll boil off all the chaff and won't need a s much with me in the boat.
It does seem that in the end many, if not most, professionals turn to plastics such as Senko variations or jigs.
Point is what ever I have with me I want it to be organized and accessible.

Yep, you’ll find the method you enjoy and run with it. It took me 3 seasons to feel confident in my decisions on the water. Don’t get me wrong, I can skunk with the best of them lol but I always leave the water satisfied. Every day is a day of knowledge gained.

Bootfoot

I have pretty much the same system. I keep them in their original packages and throw them in zip lock bags. I keep my senkos and tubes in Plano 3700 boxes(1 for each) because that is what I use 95% of the time. I also do not hoard. If I try a new plastic out and if I don’t like it, have no confidence in it or dont catch fish with it, I throw the package out without a second thought.

Don

While I realize that this is not a precise science (the care and keeping of plastics) but several themes have reared up:

Mr Clean - Nice plastic tub with dividers
Mr 5 - Thought-out and ready to go
Mr Blackcap - orderly folder providing UV protection
Mr Boot - Zip lock and in a 3700 Plano bag and boxes
Mr Loopy - "Keep them airtight and dry".
Uncle Melvin - Well, for sure, I'm not really sure what he said but he meant it from the heart.

Many of you didn't comment but I have to say all these ideas can be met with a Non divided Plano 3700 bin. Stuffed into the 3700 bag it will be dry, have UV protection, be organized and contained and ready to go at a moments notice.
I love the 3700 bag and this may be a good reason to buy another. One for plastics and one for lures. Unlike Boot, when I find something that doesn't work or doesn't have My confidence, I'll give that Item to the grandchildren during and outing when they're out-fishing me. :ROFLMAO: