Playing around with foam

Nappy

One thing I noticed with the UV head is it's much more quiet when ya twitch it. I think because it sits lower in the water. Caught over a dozen gill and a few small bass and the eyes stayed on. UV flex would be better than thin hard I think

Solitario Lupo

Well Henry David I think I have your glow flys figured out
The only problem is he might have to hit it with a flashlight every once in awhile. To get a good glo. Other than that looks great. I beat something like this will work great when all those lightning bugs come out.

HenryDavid

Small price to pay, I'm used to "charging up" glo-jigs for ice fishing. My fly line actually glows in the dark, not why I got it, but if exposed to light for any period of time it will glow.

Nappy

I have a 8wt orvis Inter. line that glows. If ya light up one side of the reel it looks like tracer rounds flying lol.
Head lamps work ok but a true UV light make it last way longer.
Not sure if the glow paint will stay on the foam

Melvinp

I have a 8wt orvis Inter. line that glows. If ya light up one side of the reel it looks like tracer rounds flying lol.
Head lamps work ok but a true UV light make it last way longer.
Not sure if the glow paint will stay on the foam
I guessing you mixed glow powder with epoxy. If so it should hold up but like you said flex might be better

Solitario Lupo

Small price to pay, I'm used to "charging up" glo-jigs for ice fishing. My fly line actually glows in the dark, not why I got it, but if exposed to light for any period of time it will glow.
How good do you think those glow jigs work. Do you think they attract fish more or do you think the same as a plain jig. Just curious.

HenryDavid

How good do you think those glow jigs work. Do you think they attract fish more or do you think the same as a plain jig. Just curious.
I'm not sure. The literature that supports glowing jigs, different colored jigs, colored wax worms, might all be a bunch of BS. When the crappie are actively feeding they will eat, that much I accept as fact. I always did put a lantern by the ice hole which I think attracts plankton, minnows, etc. but crappies can be 20 feet or more below the ice.

A-5

So. Here’s the guy I copied. I’ve painted thousands of beads and skeetes secret is glow beads. So this talk goes farther than you would think