PLine

Don

I’m about to go to this swap meet. At this place last year they had Pline for about half price.
Other than DonM does anyon else like this brand?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
A friend of mine seems to like it a lot. I’ve tried it, it left me searching for more and I dedicated it to leader duties to which is great.

Don

I will keep a look out for it when TrueCrimson and I go to the swap meet at the German Club this weekend.130 Davisonville Road, Warminster PA. Or for special torture meet me in Allentown and you can ride with me the rest of the way.

Last edited:

Don

What an Idiot I was. And no one was going to correct me. I never realized that Seaguar Blue and Red are primarily leader material only. I thought you folks were using them as both primary and leader. Now I see Basic and it looks good. Is it really supple?

Don

I want to make sure that I have a non stretch line that is supple and holds knots well. I will be loading it onto one of my bait casters and one of my higher speed spincast reels. This will be set up for Jerkbait use. Pline was recommended but in copolymer. Suffix Advance was recommended in copolymer. We'll see if I can get it at a special price at the show. Pure floro may work on this reels but floro is not especially known for its knot-keeping ability.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
What an Idiot I was. And no one was going to correct me. I never realized that Seaguar Blue and Red are primarily leader material only. I thought you folks were using them as both primary and leader. Now I see Basic and it looks good. Is it really supple?
About the most supple floro you are going to find unless you want to spend MUCH more on Assassin…which I would not recommend as the cost is quite different and probably not worth it for most. I’m actually phasing out my Assassin line in favor of this. Hard to deny the value once you see the price.

A-5

Red label is not leader line (complete junk under 6lb ). Blue label is leader line

Reactions: Don

Don

Hey tasticlebassling’s Matt Allen confessed that he only uses normal floro line for leader, not floro intended for leader. Any idea why?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Hey tasticlebassling’s Matt Allen confessed that he only uses normal floro line for leader, not floro intended for leader. Any idea why?
I can’t speak for him but it is my understanding that true leader floro line is more perfect than regular floro line. You would have to look at it under a microscope like a human hair where you would see imperfections, leader is more perfect.

I don’t use true “leader”, I pull a length of floro off of a spool and tie it on. The day fish get that finicky, I’m selling my gear.

Don

I can’t speak for him but it is my understanding that true leader floro line is more perfect than regular floro line. You would have to look at it under a microscope like a human hair where you would see imperfections, leader is more perfect.

I don’t use true “leader”, I pull a length of floro off of a spool and tie it on. The day fish get that finicky, I’m selling my gear.
gosh and I thought you were a purist like A-5.

Don

been lookin at this for a year. bought it. still need two rods.

A-5

Well when you are attempting to reel in 10-20lbers on 6lb line. You will become a purist

Reactions: Don