Powder Coated

Don

one way to burn a house down. Why not paint? Are they lead, tin, Tungsten? Why didn't they melt in the oven. Remember I'm still the new guy.

A-5

Lead has a melting point of 621 degrees. Baked at 350. Powder coat is 1,000,000 times stronger that paint and epoxy. Lol. You would think not. But I can say this powder coat is wow. And way easier than epoxy and paint.

josey12340

What did you bake them in? I'm thinking could just hang them from the oven rack. Of course my wife might not think it was a good idea.

Reactions: MB3

pabassman

I'm guessing you do the dip/swish method? Have you tried a fluid bed? I was going to get one but backed out.

A-5

Honestly. Keep the the fluff up it’s all good. Getting the fluid bed seems to me a bit really technical. I’m sure it’s a better job. But honestly it’s not worth my time. Once I got the hang of it my jigs were clean and perfect. Put to much on the first round. But I adjusted. For me the heat of the head is more critical

pabassman

Honestly. Keep the the fluff up it’s all good. Getting the fluid bed seems to me a bit really technical. I’m sure it’s a better job. But honestly it’s not worth my time. Once I got the hang of it my jigs were clean and perfect. Put to much on the first round. But I adjusted. For me the heat of the head is more critical
Same here. As long as you fluff the powder it seems good especially for jig heads. I was going to get one for doing wire baits. Right before I did I had an "incident" while pouring. After that I found a place to get custom heads so I just order them now. I still pour jigs heads with soft lead but spinnerbaits, buzzbaits need a harder, less pure lead thats tougher to melt.

Randy Z

I want to ask a question. And I know everyone is going to be brutally honest! Lol!!! Which is what I'm looking for. Do you think a custom rod is worth the price? It's hard for me to make a rod for under a 100 dollars, and I know you can go to Walmart and buy a rod and reel combo for under 50 dollars, and hell I've done it!! But after building my own rods I have found them to be WAY SUPIERIER to store bought!! Not tooting my own horn, just saying. Go buy a bass rod at Walmart, 6 to 7 guides, mine have 10 to 12 guides, the last casting rod I built for a customer had 14 guides on it, they cast better, they feel better, there more sensitive since there built on the spine (perfect bend of the rod). I have checked my store bought rods and there NOT built on the spine. So I realize it's up to the person buying it, so the big question is would you buy a custom, (say bass rod) built to you specifications for 200 + dollars? This is not and advertisement!!! I just want to know everyone's opinon???

josey12340

Yes. Well probably not a bass rod since I rarely bass fish but there is a difference between a quality stick and what you buy at Wally world

Don

Having your own Iron in the fire makes you tend the fire better. I've only made two rods and both were about a hundred +/-. I don't like Graphite so if I make my own I can choose the blank I want, the weight I want, put my favorite handle on it and I can buy a color that I like.