Prayer Request

truecrimson

My father in law is in the hospital with blood clots in both legs, and now they have found tumors in his chest, back, and neck.

We are asking people of faith for prayers for him, and if you attend church could you add him to your church's prayer list.

His name is Michael and he lives in Philadelphia. He is the reason my wife got into fishing and got me back into it.

truecrimson

Thank you all for your prayers. Please keep them coming.

They had to stop the anticoagulants they were using to treat the blood clots so they can safely biopsy a couple of the tumors. Biopsies were supposed to be today, but are now postponed until Monday due to either miscommunication or a standard ID Ten T error ( ID10T ).

He had lost a lot of bone density as his bones dumped calcium, so they are trying to restore that and get him back to feeling better before they start treating the cancer. It will be radiation first and then chemo.

It will take a few days to get the biopsy results back once they are done. That will tell them the type and origin of cancer and indicate the particular chemo drugs to be used. In the meantime they plan to start radiation by mid week.

Thank you all again for your prayers.

truecrimson

He is still in the hospital. Monday they did an MRI of his head and biopsies of several tumors. We have not heard results of either yet. We did hear that he had a stroke, but are unclear on if it was recent or old.

Saturday he was sleeping a lot and was confused when awake. Sunday he was a little better. Monday he was lucid, awake, and eating like a horse, but then yesterday he was confused again. They switched his pain meds from oxy to morphine, and then back to oxy. Last night he was moved out of observation where he has been since last Wednesday, and into a room.

Thank you all again for your prayers, and well wishes. Please keep them coming.

MuskieGal

Thanks for the update on your father in law. We are continuing to keep him and your family in our thoughts and prayers. 🙏🙏

truecrimson

Thank you all for the prayers. Please keep them coming.

Results from the subsequent scans and biospsies are that he has tumors everywhere, including in the brain. The nature of the cancer is lung cancer, but he only has one small spot in a lung, and then it apparently metastasized throughout his body without spreading in the lungs first.

He is in the middle of 2 weeks of radiation. Chemo will follow.

In other news, about 4 weeks ago I found out by accident that my full time job was going away. We did not and still don't have a specific date, but today seems highly likely. I went over to administration immediately when I discovered they were shipping all of our trachs to another facility. They said that they were going to have a meeting with us when they had the relocation dates for all of our trach patients and knew whether the facility taking the trachs would also take some of us. That came and went with no meeting and no new information. Basically we have to find out whats happening by reading the social workers notes on what he said to the patient's families and talking to the families when they visit.

As finding a job is my most developed skill, I got on the ball immediately. So I have a new full time job starting Monday which is a 13 week contract (standard "travel" contract in healthcare) down in York, and 2 new PRN jobs on top of the one I already had (I have been accused of showing off about this ;) ). So I will be back to 4 jobs for a while.

truecrimson

The 5th one hasn't come up yet. 3 of them are PRN. When they have something for me to do they will call, text, or email. But they don't have something for me to do all the time.

MuskieGal

So sorry to hear the news of all the tumors. Continuing to keep him and the family in our thoughts and prayers🙏 Hope your interview went well!

truecrimson

Mike ended up backnin the hospital last week after only 2 rounds of radiation. It looksnlike he is in a catch 22; too weak for radiation and chemo but unable to regain any strength or do rehab due to pain from the cancer or lethargy from pain killers.

Endoscopy and colonoscopy showed cancer all through digestive tract. We are going down Monday and the family is meeting with hospice.