Promised Land and Promised Land lower lake

Don

We have campgrounds rented for this weekend. I'll probably fish the main lake mostly. I noticed that the LL has trout in it. Are they wild or stocked? For Crappy where would you fish on the main lake?
Any advice is appreciated. 64372723145__7F904678-0893-4278-B65D-5BFF8C4F0EC7.jpeg

Don

ammo for PL

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpeg
    IMG_0085.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: A-5

HenryDavid

Are you boating? There are 2 launches on Lower Lake, the upper launch on Bear Wallow Rd (cabins) is the shallow side. If you launch from there hit up the pads just off to the right of the launch. I used to get monster gills in front of the pads on poppers. Most of that end is weed choked. If you head toward the channel it gets deeper and I've caught smallmouth bass through there. The dam side of Lower Lake gets to about 20 feet deep toward the dam off the lower launch which is where most of the trout hang out, if there are any left, they are stockies. Crappies could be anywhere right now, you will have to explore to find them, maybe try some night fishing. The Upper Lake is loaded with pickerel and also weedy, you won't find much depth over 8 feet if that. You should have a blast. It will most likely be crowded though. Good Luck and take some pics.

Don

We will likely be bait fishing if its raining and fly fishing if its dry. We'll find those Dirty Gurt's and put them under siege. We'll fire their towns and burn them out and ship them by rail back to camp in chains where they'll be fed one by one to the 6 Duoclops that reside there. Pass the ketchup please........

I wanted to fish the dam area at LL but if I launch at upper Lake I can keep the boat in the water I believe.

What Baits do you suggest?

HenryDavid

Still worth a look to check out the Lower Lake just to see it, the upper launch is right near the main beach at Upper Lake. The dam side launch of Lower Lake is a nice drive back, 1 mile maybe, past the park office on the same road.

Don

Yes we took the high end tour this past winter to watch men fish on Ice. It is a nicer place in my opinion the upper lake. But I'll have the grandkids and it can be akin to herding mercury with a comb. So the closer we are to our camp the better. The better of a time that they have will will help them want to come again and again.