Prompton

pabassman

hNHFNEq.jpg

HenryDavid

I heard there's a lot of ice up there. Slocum still had 11-inches on dam side Monday, it felt different drilling through it though, like too easy to drill through, ice is slowly deteriorating.

Randy Z

Hit Lake Carrey Sunday. Caught 2 fish in 8 hours. 1 Crappy and 1 bluegill. I would see them all over my jig/grub but they wouldn't bite!!!! Tried shiners, wax worms, salted minnows. Watch the fish finder and they would come up, and drop back down!!! UGH!!!! All day!!!! Was frustrating seeing fish, watching them come up to your bait, and not even nibble. But, I was fishing.......

pabassman

Best bet for Pickerel is probably the classic Pocono pickerel swamps. Promised land, Tobyhanna, Shohola ect. Gills at prompton are decent.

pabassman

Randy?Z said:
PaBassman do you use steel leaders when fishing pickles? Hahaha no seriously?

I dont target them. Catch my share bass fishing. I got one about 22" at Lackawanna thru the ice.

Don

pabassman said:
Randy?Z said:
PaBassman do you use steel leaders when fishing pickles? Hahaha no seriously?

I dont target them. Catch my share bass fishing. I got one about 22" at Lackawanna thru the ice.

Those are the ones I'm after.

Don

OMG you’re having too much fun. Yummy. Of course I haven’t any idea what the screen is saying but it is colorful.

Don

I have a typical hummingbird finder and love it. But it is so small that I keep it set to show fish shapes when it sees them. I love it for the depth reporting and I’m succeeding on catching suspended fish with confidence. This past fall I was in sunken trees. The water was 35-40’ deep and the tops of the trees stuck out another 10-20’. White pine. When I was fishing it was marking very few fish. Then a Storm hit and the screen filled with fish in minutes. Amazing what you don’t know sometimes.

Reactions: A-5