Rain

Melvinp

My sump pump is turning on about every 60 seconds it pumps out about 5 gallons of water each time so that’s about 300 gallons of water a hour running through my basement nice hope the power doesn’t go out but I’m use to it

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Knock on wood, same situation but it’s keeping up. I do have a generator if needed so that’s good. Feel for our friends here who are in Bucks, they are getting hammered, where I am, just water.

truecrimson

Wife is on facebook regaling me with stories and pictures of road closures. Lots of flooding around here but we are OK. The last time we had big floods one of our corners in the living room got a little wet but other than that we've never had an issue. I haven't looked at it yet tonight.

The main roads at both East and West ends of town are closed. Quittie and Swattie are both over their banks in multiple places. Down in Ephrata the campground my wife's aunt lives at is flooded. They flooded last week and a bunch of trailers were lost or damaged.

Of course Cocoa Kayaks had to cancel everything today. I rescheduled for Monday. I have to give them props. Monday they are running an short schedule. They weren't going to offer the run I want to do, but they are going to shuttle me for it solo.

Might try Memorial tomorrow but I bet it will be crap.

Swatara Creek Gauge at Hershey.

SwataraCreekHersheyGuage09012021.jpg

WADMAN

HAMMERED here in York. Aside from all back roads closed, 83 and 30 flooded as well. Susquehanna will be blown out for weeks to come.
Just had in ground pool put in last week of July. It overflowed with nearly 7 inches added since yesterday. Almost lost the basement again. Sump pump float was stuck. Wife checked on it just as water was at top of well. Rain is over along with threat to home. Hope everyone out there stays safe and dry!

Blackcat Outdoors

Leaving to go into work now, hopefully everything is quited down a little. Not much here local to me other than some of the little mountain streams were raging last night. Haven't seen any of the big creeks around here, but I imagine it wasn't fun if you lived right on one. The Susquehanna is supposed to crest bellow flood stage here, so that's good news. Fishing is probably going to suck for the next couple days. My buddies had a kyack trip planned for Pine Creek this weekend, I'm guessing that's gonna be a bust now. Depending on how the Mrs is feeling, I might just have to take the daughter backpacking for the holiday. At least finding water won't be an issue. 😂

Don

Whoa tha DQ is a blast from the past. got many of treats there when I was a Pup. Lenape Park is sure one big swimmin hole. Good memories.

Don

My sump pump is turning on about every 60 seconds it pumps out about 5 gallons of water each time so that’s about 300 gallons of water a hour running through my basement nice hope the power doesn’t go out but I’m use to it
All night. Now barely......

Don

U gotta dq lucky bugger next order mud pie
Some of us wonder why A-5 is a little Hoity-toity but you see he went to a private school just up the way from here. I, on the other hand, was dumped into the local High School Just up the other way and this DQ is where I sometimes went after school. The PKG Lot would be completely full with the richest to the poorest kids and their 1960's and 70's jalopies were there as well. I see they now have a drive up window. Some time after youth group on Sunday night the whole group would meet there. Wish I had photos but I don't. My Dad graduated in High school up the street in 38. I graduated there in 76.