Reading The Fishfinder

Solitario Lupo

Looks like a nice hard bottom. Red sticking out like spears are some kinda down trees. The lines look like your bait in a couple. The big balls could be bait or weeds floating around. The fun of guessing.

truecrimson

Looks like a nice hard bottom. Red sticking out like spears are some kinda down trees. The lines look like your bait in a couple. The big balls could be bait or weeds floating around. The fun of guessing.
By "your bait" do you mean bait in general or my lure? I did not have a line in the water when any of these were taken.

Solitario Lupo

Shows you what I know lol. Usually I’ll watch my lure and it leaves lines like that but if your just floating and get lines it’s more debris of something. I really zoomed in on it and it’s a thicker line than I thought. Something floating down there.

Solitario Lupo

Your bait are more spread out and is like balls or big circles. With marks all around. So the bait would look something like this but the only thing that throws me off is the red in the middle so my two guesses would be the fish are very packed together or it’s a hard signal so a big log floating down there.

Attachments

• 179C5FEA-24F4-43EA-A2B6-B7CBD32B4710.jpeg
    179C5FEA-24F4-43EA-A2B6-B7CBD32B4710.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

Don

My bet is that it is a "Cosmic Anomaly". This is only 7' deep and the cone of coincidence is about 10" in diameter. While it may be one of those catfish bait balls it is more likely to be the plastic lunchbag that I lost there last year. At this depth the best reason to use this is to discover rocks and bumps and logs. It is nice to know the depth in order to know how to better fish it and it is nice to know the temp of water.

Last edited:

truecrimson

Shows you what I know lol. Usually I’ll watch my lure and it leaves lines like that but if your just floating and get lines it’s more debris of something. I really zoomed in on it and it’s a thicker line than I thought. Something floating down there.
I thought the same thing and I was there ;)

I had posted a couple of pics before where I was jigging and could see it, and this did look like that.

Reactions: Don