Real or fake tree?

Blackcat Outdoors

What's the holiday forum thought on real vs. fake trees? We've always gotten live trees, but the place we used to go closed 2 years ago. We settled on a crappy tree (Mrs wasn't happy with it) last year for @ $70. This year anything under 100 was a deal around here, so we went with a fairly pricey artificial tree.

Personally I love it. No dealing with needle cleanup/disposal of the dead tree and it'll pay for itself in a few years if we don't have to buy trees anymore. I honestly can't tell the difference unless I walk up and touch it, apart from the smell. I figure we can just burn a pine scented candle occasionally to achieve that.

IMG_20221211_155200667.jpg

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
We made the switch about 5 years ago on a pricey one with the LED lights built in that can change colors, fade in, out, etc. so now I don’t have to string it every year and get to the end to find out the lights I previously tested before stringing didn’t work after stringing. Ugh!

Melvinp

We’ve had them all real,fake,and live won’t do the live thing again the last one we got the bag was full of red shale and it weighed a ton and didn’t survive two out of three isn’t bad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2

truecrimson

I'm allergic to plants and animals so we started with fake trees in my youth back in the 80's. Mom used to call them 'toilet brushes'.

Pre lit are the way to go.

A lot of people think real trees catch more presents than artificial trees but I think with practice and proper tree selection you can catch just as many presents on artificials ;)

And trees are not just for Christmas anymore. You can catch Halloween and Easter candy with them too.

MB3

20221215_160036.jpg
We got this tree when we bought the house 2 years ago and had the funds. Lots of fishing ornaments. We have to guard it from Cooper seen here and his 2 siblings. Cooper especially destroys wrapped gifts. It is fun to watch until you realize Christmas involves metal fencing for now on lol

truecrimson

lol, we'd need about 8' high fencing. Anything shorter and the cats would take it as an invitation ;) I looked at plexiglass, thinking I could put hinges on it and make an enclosure but it was too expensive. Saw a pic recently of one using the fencing material with the small square openings attached to a wood frame. Looked cheaper but more difficult for compartment dwellers.