Remember these

Melvinp

It looks the same on both sides with the little springs I never fish with pre tied hooks anymore but they are handy for this and probably would work on pre tied fly set ups as long as they weren’t to big length wise I just gave it a wrap or 2 over the hole thing then hooked my loop on the back spring you do have to measure your length I just pulled the spring back about half way measured then made my loop and hooked it

pabassman

It looks the same on both sides with the little springs I never fish with pre tied hooks anymore but they are handy for this and probably would work on pre tied fly set ups as long as they weren’t to big length wise I just gave it a wrap or 2 over the hole thing then hooked my loop on the back spring you do have to measure your length I just pulled the spring back about half way measured then made my loop and hooked it
Drop shot leaders!! :cool:. The only place I run braid is on my drop shot rod. Perfect for holding 6 to 8 foot fluor leaders

HenryDavid

I have something similar, a smaller version for tip-up leaders. I've tied up a variety from wire for toothies to panfish rigs to locate crappies. I use some rectangular pieces of packing foam with slits cut in it as well. The trebles sink well into the foam, no snags. I don't like the circular versions, like how fly leaders come, I don't want them twisted.

This isn't my pic but this is what I was using

sneller.jpg

HenryDavid

I put a large sized snap swivel on the end of the tip-up line, and a barrel swivel on the leader to attach or change them out. I hope to be on the ice early next week, either way I'll take some pics and put them up here. Melvin do you add spinner blades or beads to your leaders?

Melvinp

I put a large sized snap swivel on the end of the tip-up line, and a barrel swivel on the leader to attach or change them out. I hope to be on the ice early next week, either way I'll take some pics and put them up here. Melvin do you add spinner blades or beads to your leaders?
Not on ice gear but trolling gear for sure.I have the same thing you pictured with worm rigs on them for trolling

truecrimson

Snell hook holders work pretty good for pre tied double hook ice rigs no more trying to tie with cold hands especially small stuff
I still have half a dozen or more from back in the worm under a bobber days. I used to use one for each size of hook. I keep them in a pasta container so they don't snag on my backpack or tackle bag. Stopped using them much when I got heavy into artificials. Still drag them along sometimes for a bait rod to sit while I'm casting lures. I'll try to remember to take a pic next time I'm at storage.

Reactions: Don

Don

One thing I learned from Flyfishing is to tie them as you need them and always have the stuff on you to do so. I expect I'll learn shortly why that isn't the best approach????....