Rod Protection

Don

Interested in rod socks? Why not look Upity, Snooty and Pro-active like the best? Put a rod sock on your rod and people your peeps will go AAAHHHHHH, OOOOOHHH, wooowww!
I did this for my Ithaca Pump Shotgun and it was a great idea so I thought why not get these for my favorite rods. I assume it is easy, protects the guides and minimizes chips and scratches in transport.
Are there negatives to using these? Are there features to look for? Are there Best Practices to learn? What do you think?
Here are some of the deals I found in a jif:

Attachments

• bf2310ab-f9f8-4d6b-95e7-31c786003ad9.5b4cffdf7c2001aa9fb042c0587e12b6.jpeg
    bf2310ab-f9f8-4d6b-95e7-31c786003ad9.5b4cffdf7c2001aa9fb042c0587e12b6.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 0
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    5.7 KB · Views: 0

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
If you look on Amazon, there is a company by the name of Runcl that has combos of reel covers and rod sleeves. Good price, good quality. Just make sure you get the right length for your rod.

Nothing special about a sleeve but they do help the rod slide in and out of a rod box without getting the guides caught.

pabassman

Interested in rod socks? Why not look Upity, Snooty and Pro-active like the best? Put a rod sock on your rod and people your peeps will go AAAHHHHHH, OOOOOHHH, wooowww!
I did this for my Ithaca Pump Shotgun and it was a great idea so I thought why not get these for my favorite rods. I assume it is easy, protects the guides and minimizes chips and scratches in transport.
Are there negatives to using these? Are there features to look for? Are there Best Practices to learn? What do you think?
Here are some of the deals I found in a jif:
I have them for every fishing rod I own, yes including my ice rods. Great for keeping rods from tangling on the road and on a choppy lake. I carry 8 to 15 rods in the locker at times and no problems. Hooks will stick in them. I use the hook bonnets on all the treble hooks I have rigged. They will blow off when traveling on the road so if you dont have a rod locked keep the tips pointed into the wind.