Rods.

Don

I have been slowly migrating away from panfish at the same time I have been moving away from spinning gear and fly fishing. It’s a phase I guess. I’m looking to get the three cheeses to season. Flipping, pitching and skipping. I find these plastic stick baits and minnows are easy to skip with lite Spincast reel. The Kiddie style rrrls that most of these come on are too flimsy for this so I bought an el-cheapo Piscifun (pee-Cee-fun) rod for one of my favorite spincast reels. 6’9”, medium pwr, fast tip. Very light in comparison to rods of the same size in fiberglass only. Cost me a whole 42$. 😮
Piscifun Serpent.

HenryDavid

Last fall I picked up a Piscifun 7 wt., finally rigged it up with reel and line and tried it out last week, very nice rod for the price.

Don

Last fall I picked up a Piscifun 7 wt., finally rigged it up with reel and line and tried it out last week, very nice rod for the price.
I've been watching them and KastKing for the "I'm sure to break it" stuff. Later, once settled in on my style I want to acquire higher quality gear.
I assume it was a bait cast reel? I wanted their Crixus but the were sold out of the size I wanted. I found a sale on the P. Serpent for half off and sealed the deal.

Don

Now for the unveiling. Remember that this was purchased for me to practice skipping which I love to do. For now I put a middle speed zebec 33 auto anti-reverse onto it with 10lb. cheap-O line. I have a Black Max Abu BC reel that may go onto it next year. For now, In my 29' pool I can consistently hit the far wall above the waterline but below the coping so elevation is fine. Now to work on windage (two or three clicks off). For practice I'm chucking a 6" fat worm. In reality I will usually use a ned or weighted minnow of some sort, probably a Fat Kieteck. By using a light reel on a shorter rod I can use much lighter offerings to fish way up under the overhanging bushes. Now for photos:

Attachments

• IMG_3815.jpeg
    IMG_3815.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3818.jpeg
    IMG_3818.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3817.jpeg
    IMG_3817.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3816.jpeg
    IMG_3816.jpeg