Salmon River - I’m Officially Booked!

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
My buddies and I are making the trip happen again this year. Just 4 of us scheduled as of now. Sept. 27-30. Fingers crossed we picked a good date!

We are going high style again, staying at Tailwater. If you’re up there at those dates, let’s see if we can connect.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Tailwater? Pretty sure we aren’t friends anymore
Lol. We are a highfalutin bunch of guys. Nah, not really but we enjoyed it the last couple of times we went. Great food, bar, game rooms and a shower and mattress fit for a king.

A far cry from all of the years we stayed at Stoneys though I will admit, we always grab some beers and hang at Stoney’s and BS even while staying at Tailwater.

Melvinp

My buddies and I are making the trip happen again this year. Just 4 of us scheduled as of now. Sept. 27-30. Fingers crossed we picked a good date!

We are going high style again, staying at Tailwater. If you’re up there at those dates, let’s see if we can connect.
Where’s crimson somebody’s gotta play welcome to the jungle lol I’ve never had so much fun or been so discussed anywhere like the salmon but will go back again and again

Grape

TS - me and the boys will be up the Sept 28th to Oct 1st, maybe we can meet up at Tailwater for some beers?

I did the Tailwater once and it is def worth the money but we found a local Airbnb (its a whole house) that we stayed at the last 3 year and used the savings to buy DSR passes so we are still high stylin lol

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
TS - me and the boys will be up the Sept 28th to Oct 1st, maybe we can meet up at Tailwater for some beers?

I did the Tailwater once and it is def worth the money but we found a local Airbnb (its a whole house) that we stayed at the last 3 year and used the savings to buy DSR passes so we are still high stylin lol
Nice! We will definitely do that. We tinkered with the house thing a couple of times the last few years but in the end we do like the spoils and know that we’ll end up at TW for dinner anyways.

A-5

Is there a thumbs down button?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Altmar for me kids like LD. But we cook at the cabin. Tailwater and DSR 😡
I've been to LD's a few times and a few of the other popular haunts. The last couple of trips we've just stayed home so to speak. I do miss the days of when I use to take my trailer up to Stoneys. We made some really good food, it's hard to beat camp site food IMO.

Gremcat

I've been to LD's a few times and a few of the other popular haunts. The last couple of trips we've just stayed home so to speak. I do miss the days of when I use to take my trailer up to Stoneys. We made some really good food, it's hard to beat camp site food IMO.
At TW try their Crème Brûlée it’s awesome. Elk burgers are good too I hear.

Melvinp

Night out was always stephonos kinda went down hill the past couple of years hit ld’s last year during smallmouth wasn’t impressed but had homemade pasta salad and fried chicken from the super market that hit the spot lol and can’t forget to throw a couple of fries out the window for the seagulls in the take out line (Then leave) laugh my ever loving butt off seagulls fighting over French fries on top of someone’s Mercedes

Last edited:

Gremcat

Had Poutine finally at TW. My wife went to school in Plattsburgh where it’s a staple food group. Always hounded me to try it. It’s good but I’m not a fan of soggy fries really.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
T-minus one week for our trip. Over my original post, our group is turning out to be 6 people now which is great! The two guys added are going to bring ALOT of fun to go with our usual antics.

We booked dinner for 2 nights at Tailwater. IMO, more than 2 nights eating dinner there will have you breaking out the Tums for sure. LOL. Good food like that just isn't good for you.

Reports I am seeing are positive that we picked some good dates this year as rain this week and a little rain early next week should get some good numbers moving. Can't wait!