Senko's and also creature baits

Don

I'm pretty new to the idea of using plastic worm baits and there is only two colors in my inventory....black and watermellon. I noticed that many manufacturers have their facsimiles to oogle over but this time I want to buy the real McCoy...Yamamto Senko Jobbers.
I'm hoping you will share your favorite colors, lengths and conditions to fish them.

Attachments

• shopping.jpeg
    shopping.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 0

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
The only thing I can say about Senko color is that if I told ya, well, I'd have to.....well, you know ;). And yes, it matters! My buddies and I have proven it.

Reactions: Don

HenryDavid

So is this your favorite color Henry David?
I use these and tubes for Susquehanna River smallmouth. Basically as a crayfish imitation. They call the colors Motor Oil, Watermelon Pumpkin, etc. whatever greenish, brown, purple works. Bottom bouncing in medium current, the smallies will attack it.

Don

I guess I'm set:
Craws and eels from Solitario, Bass and stripers
White tubes and 3/8 oz tube weights from cabbalas, Lakers and LLSalmon.
Kietech stuff From Wallenpaupack Sport shop, Striper and Walleye
BigBugs, Big Craws from Dicks, Bass
Senko's, Various, Only the correct colors, Bass, Pickerel, Lakers, Panfish
WG hooks from 1/0 through 5/0
3/0 Flippin hooks
Texas Rig Weights w/line stops.
1/4-3/4 skirted jigs and ned rig jig head
This is two years of collecting and not just today
I'm done
IMG_2505.JPG

Don

Also just bought Wacky Weedless size 1 hooks and rubber rings. All I really need to get yet are the PABassman Collection of Keitech Minnows.

Reactions: A-5

Solitario Lupo

I like how you got what you planning on getting with them but you’ll find out that sometimes one will work for almost every species you listed.

Don

Yes. I’ll be using mostly your craws. But I did buy a bigger craw bug type. Do craws work in cold water ok?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Yes. I’ll be using mostly your craws. But I did buy a bigger craw bug type. Do craws work in cold water ok?
They do but you don’t want the flippers making a lot of action so cutting off the rib at the end of the claw will help make it wave less. Rule of thumb is active fish, active bait. Lethargic fish, lethargic bait.

Melvinp

I guess I'm set:
Craws and eels from Solitario, Bass and stripers
White tubes and 3/8 oz tube weights from cabbalas, Lakers and LLSalmon.
Kietech stuff From Wallenpaupack Sport shop, Striper and Walleye
BigBugs, Big Craws from Dicks, Bass
Senko's, Various, Only the correct colors, Bass, Pickerel, Lakers, Panfish
WG hooks from 1/0 through 5/0
3/0 Flippin hooks
Texas Rig Weights w/line stops.
1/4-3/4 skirted jigs and ned rig jig head
This is two years of collecting and not just today
I'm done
View attachment 2618
Lol oh no there’s 1000 more things

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Just keep your expectations tempered (pun intended!) when you get out after the melt. The bite wont’t pick up until It gets warm in May.

Reactions: Don

edcowan

I'm pretty new to the idea of using plastic worm baits and there is only two colors in my inventory....black and watermellon. I noticed that many manufacturers have their facsimiles to oogle over but this time I want to buy the real McCoy...Yamamto Senko Jobbers.
I'm hoping you will share your favorite colors, lengths and conditions to fish them.
Purple and Green Pumpkin are great colors for plastic worms. I fish a Senko rigged Texas style with do weight most times. Works good in heavy cover but you need to be sure to give it slack line, wacky is easier to fish and better in open water.