Site Look & Theme Again!

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Sorry guys, I thought I had the theme thing worked out but it looks like the theme I bought (Grrrr) comes with it's own issues too that are just too odd to overcome as it is is missing many things. After some feedback today, that theme is just not going to work out and I am back to the standard theme. Sorry for the inconvenience. This theme will still not satisfy the mobile theme so I still have to see what I can do for that.

truecrimson

I always had trouble with themes running YABB, YABBSE, and Simple Machines Forums. You almost always have to edit the PHP and the style sheets and that's a PITA. It's a lot easier to screw it up more than to fix it. I pretty much gave up on themes on all my forums years ago.

Of course almost all of the forums I used to have no longer exist, and that has really reduced the hassle ;)

Blackcat Outdoors

I'm posting on mobile with the regular theme and it's not bad. Just have to zoom in a little to read. I would say just pick something that functions and go with it. People will get used to it. I've been on plenty of different forums and I always seem to.

Solitario Lupo

Glad to see you guys have no problem with it cause I can’t read it and then zooming in and scrolling over with your fingers just to read it. Not my thing. Guess I’ll just have to wait till I get to my tablet. It can be easy for some but hard for others. Not saying I’m getting old but I feel my eyes aren’t what they used to be.
Not busting your b@//$ troutspinner. Your doing a fine job.

Don

I feel your Pain Lupo. I'm getting pretty squinty eyed myself but it all seems to work okay on the phone and well on the Laptop. I rarely if ever post photos using the phone. And I don't like entering text on the iPad. I like the Mac and Mac Air.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Solitario Lupo said:
Glad to see you guys have no problem with it cause I can?t read it and then zooming in and scrolling over with your fingers just to read it. Not my thing. Guess I?ll just have to wait till I get to my tablet. It can be easy for some but hard for others. Not saying I?m getting old but I feel my eyes aren?t what they used to be.
Not busting your b@//$ troutspinner. Your doing a fine job.

Don said:

I feel your Pain Lupo. I'm getting pretty squinty eyed myself but it all seems to work okay on the phone and well on the Laptop. I rarely if ever post photos using the phone. And I don't like entering text on the iPad. I like the Mac and Mac Air.

No worries guys, I am in the same boat as you and hate this layout. I am doing my best to find something that works......

Don

Troutspinner what is the percentage of members that are mostly using phones/pads vs computers?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
And also, I hate the way this forum software handles images. I am trying to find a better solution for that also.

josey12340

Any way that when you click on new posts it and then the forum with new posts in it it would go to the new posts instead of the first post of that forum? Didn't know if there is a setting I missed using.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy

I am not following your meaning. When I click on new posts, it shows me the threads that have new posts, regardless of what forum they are in. Do you mean by category, like sorting ?

josey12340

I meant when I click on the thread with new posts in it it takes you to the beginning of the thread not to the beginning of the new post.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I am not following your meaning. When I click on new posts, it shows me the threads that have new posts, regardless of what forum they are in. Do you mean by category, like sorting ?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Something that may help. Where you see the unread thread list, on the right will be the Avatar of the last Poster, you can click the "Last Post" and that will jump you to that post.

I know this is not the preferred solution, it should just work from clicking the thread title but it is a cheat for now.